"3 years later"

Charlie's P.O.V

"Charlie! Have you got Malakai's bags!" Quinn yells from inside her home and I groan out loud after strapping Malakai in his baby chair in the back seat. He sees my expression and giggles cutely as he tries to swat at my face but I hold his chubby arm and pretend to eat it.

I could hear his sweet laughs in my ear and I too started to chuckle.

I then forgot that I didn't respond to Quinn so I looked around and didn't see Malakais bags so I made sure to roll the windows down and closed the door on him gently as I walked over to the front door and saw Quinn standing there with Malakai's bags.

When I was close to her I reached for the bags and she slightly pulled them back as if teasing me and I groaned even more-

"Quinn-"

"Answer me when I ask you a question and always-always take care of-"

"Of Malakai. I know. Quinn seriously I am his-well I'm like his father so yeah I know to take care of him" I said seriously then grabbed his bags out of her hands.

I then turned around and shouted over my shoulder that I'd be dropping him off on Tuesday. I dropped Malakai's bags in the trunk and closed it as I then made my way over to the drivers side and got in and once I got in, I had looked over in the rear view mirror and smiled wide at my son.

He had beautiful brown wavy hair and he also had the definition of half Asian and well American, also beautiful big round eyes, more like puppy dog eyes.

I guess I kept looking at him for too long because he threw one of his small plush toys at me and I laughed out loud as I reversed the car out of the driveway and put it in drive to drive down the street, going to my apartment.

I still had an apartment but an upgrade from my studio, I upgraded it to a two bedroom.

"Do you wanna stop for ice cream before we get home Kai?" I ask him and he directs his attention to me again from another one of his toys and nods up and down vigorously and I smile and chuckle.

So we stopped for ice cream, I helped him out of the car and closed his door furthermore locking the car. I then took his hand and he wrapped his fingers around two of my fingers, I love when he does that.

We walked around the block to get to his favorite ice cream shop and I opened the door to let us in and once we were in, we were greeted by Kai's favorite ice cream scooper. I think he has a crush on the woman because he always hides behind my legs but doesn't usually do that to other people. I smiled at Mary and she smiled back and then looked over the counter towards Kai.

"Hello Kai" she says and Kai runs to the back of my right leg and hides. I shake my head and gently push Kai into choosing what he'd want.

I'd then have to pick him up because he couldn't really see the flavors and after looking at the different ice cream flavors he finally picked pecan ice cream. That's strange I thought but nothing really out of the ordinary as he always picks a different flavor each time we come back.

"And what would you like?" Mary asks me and I chuckle as I keep looking and then point at the baileys flavor.

"So you like baileys? I'll be sure to bring one if you ever want to ask me out" Mary says boldly and that made me just stand there like an idiot until Kai lightly punches my leg which I scold him and chuckle at Mary before I scratched the back of my neck slightly.

"Uh-you know I'm not-"

"You're not available. I got it" she interrupts me as she says this and I wanted to say that she was wrong. Well I don't even know myself. It's pathetic really, the road I was going, my love life. So I sighed and paid for the ice creams and headed out the door with Kai as I handed him his bowl of ice cream.