"i cant attend a graduation?"

Charlie's P.O.V

I was at Quinn's home, another ultrasound. We hadn't talked since she kissed me and I still felt guilty for not telling Dior the truth. I just didn't know how and I didn't know how she'll take it.

This was just like before-we had promised each other that we'd be honest with each other. I fucked up. I really did-but maybe it won't be so bad I had thought as I shook my head and picked up my cup of coffee, taking a sip of it.

The same nurse had also come over as she set up the equipment and stuff and I looked towards the five month pregnant woman sitting on the couch, chatting with the nurse. I wanted to speak to her about what happened but every time I tried to bring it up, she'll say she was tired and needed me to take over a shift at the bar or something else.

I sighed as I then received a text message from my phone as it vibrated on the table. I picked it up and it was Dior, I smiled absentmindedly as I opened the message and saw she had sent me a picture, it was her in her graduation gown.

Graduation will be held at their football field, kind of liked it, wished that's how my graduation went down. They wanted guests to start showing up at 5PM but Dior had asked me to drive her there around 3:30PM, as they said they wanted to practice and what not, I of course agreed, I'd drive all the way to Los Angeles and back if she wanted to see the Hollywood sign, anything for her-

"Charlie? Are you ready?" Quinn had asked me as I broke away from my thoughts and locked my phone as I stood up and put it in my pocket. I walked over and sat in my usual spot near Quinn and watched as she slowly lowered herself down in the pregnancy chair. I'm calling that from now on.

The nurse had done her usual ritual and while scanning she began to talk, I just kept focusing on the little scanner/monitor. I loved coming to these, and loved seeing my unborn child grow.

"So-it seems like you're around five months and a week and we are able to tell what the sex is-do you want to know?"

"Yes"

"No"

Quinn and I spoke at the same time and I scrunched up my face at her. I said yes and she said no. I mean I understand she's the mother and all but I played a very important equal part in this as well so I took a breather and spoke,

"Quinn-once we know the sex we can start preparing on what we need and-"

"Then we'll just get unisex things" she interrupts me as she says and I frowned at the doctor as she too agrees. I sighed and stood up and caught one more look towards my baby before I looked away and went to go grab my keys.

"Okay-fine. We'll wait" I said and I also looked towards her and I couldn't stay anymore to see the look in her eyes as I walked out. I walked down her driveway and pulled out a cigarette as I went to go stand by my car, pulling out a lighter in my front picked and lighting up my cigarette.

I just-I didn't understand I guess. It felt like I felt compelled to agree with everything Quinn said about the baby because-well because she was actually carrying our baby. I didn't like that feeling. I wanted to tell her what I thought and how I felt.

Past couple of weeks I have actually read a few pre-pregnancy websites and books, and I think I wanted to let her know about it but she'll just brush it off as usual. Ever since that kiss, she'd act differently and I didn't blame her.

After I was done smoking, I threw my bud away and got into my car, starting it up as I knew where to go next, time to use some of my hard working money to make myself look good for a special someone.

It took around a couple of hours as it was now nearing 2PM when I had found a good enough outfit to wear to Dior's graduation.

Hopefully she likes it I had thought as I paid for them looking at the total number that it racked up to be. Couple hundred dollars it said and I felt a kick to my heart, I hated spending money like a bitch.