four.

LIZ

Damn Avan.

Making me jump in that damn pool. I really did not feel like getting wet.

No pun intended.

I brushed away the wet strands of hair plastered to my face and got out of the pool, and I was freezing.

My teeth chattered as I sat back down, not used to being so cold. I shot Avan a glare, and he just smirked at me.

I didn't understand why it was so hard to hate him.

He noticed my shaking state and instantly shrugged off his jacket, putting it around my shoulders as he smiled apologetically at me.

Oh yeah. That was why.

I pulled his jacket tighter around my body, inhaling his usual scent and cologne. It smelled good.

I saw Ari look at me with an arched eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips.

I just rolled my eyes.

Sure, Avan was sweet. And funny. And cute. And talented. And a great kisser.

But that didn't mean I liked him.

We were great friends. Only friends, and that was all we would ever be.

It was obvious that Avan was an amazing guy. Anyone with eyes could see that.

Which always made me wonder why he didn't have a girlfriend yet.

I mean, he could easily get any girl he wanted. Being as handsome and charming as he was. I was curious how he wasn't dating anyone yet.

"Leon, truth or dare?" I asked, looking at the musician curiously.

"Dare," he said confidently.

"Kiss Victoria."

Vic's eyes widened. "What?!"

I shrugged. "Didn't know what else to say."

I saw both Leon and Vic blush, and I smirked.

Leon quickly leaned over to the brunette and kissed her cheek, making me sigh. I should've been more specific.

"Ari, truth or dare?" Leon then asked the red head.

I saw Avan scooting his chair closer to me as Ari answered, "truth."

"You still a virgin?"

I bursted out laughing at the cliche question, as Ari blushed.

"Well, no," she answered, tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear. "I am not."

"I'm pretty sure everyone here isn't a virgin," Vic giggled, and I stiffened.

Avan chuckled. "True."

Not true.

I swallowed thickly and forced a laugh, acting like I was definitely not still a virgin.

"I'm bored," Ari then whined. "Let's do something else."

Leon shrugged. "Like what?"

"Go inside and watch a movie," she suggested, standing up. "I'm hungry too. Plus it's getting late anyway."

We all nodded and stood up, Avan's jacket falling off my shoulders. I handed it back to him, and he accepted it from my hands and grinned at me.

He had a really nice smile.

We all walked back inside and Ari plopped on the couch, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV. "Y'all wanna order pizza?"

Avan checked the time on his watch. "At ten o'clock at night?"

The girl shrugged. "Why not? I'm hungry."

I giggled and sat next to Ari, and heat rose to my cheeks as Avan sat down next to me.

Why did he always choose to sit next to me?

I guess it was because we were very close.

Yeah. That had to be it.

-----

guys i suck at writing first person :(

that's why i always stick to third person but i wanted to try something different for a change.

i might go back and edit it into third person if i feel like it...idk yet.

comment your thoughts if you wanna!

-izzy