twenty-eight.

AVAN

I felt terrible for hurting her.

I didn't know she was still a virgin. If she would've told me, I would've been more gentle.

But I guess it was over and done with, and Liz had fallen asleep against me, and I smiled softly down at her.

Why couldn't every day be like this one?

I would kill to spend every day with Liz in my arms, sleeping soundly, without a worry in the world.

But apparently, the world didn't care what I wanted.

As much as it hurt me to understand, Liz and I would never be together.

I knew deep down, that it just wouldn't work out.

Liz was perfect in every way possible. So perfect, that I just knew we couldn't be together.

Maybe tonight had been a mistake.

But I looked down at the girl in my arms again, and heaved a sigh.

It wasn't a mistake.

I kissed her head softly and gently placed her on the bed, covering her up with the covers as she snuggled into them, rolling onto her side, still fast asleep.

She was just perfect.

And I would say that as many times as I felt like it.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom after grabbing some clothes, going to take a shower. I didn't know why I wanted to, but I wasn't tired, so why not?

I turned on the hot water and stepped into the shower, placing a hand on the wall as I allowed the water to stream down my body.

I didn't know what to do.

Was this how it was going to be from now on? Friends, with benefits?,

I didn't want to be that. She did, but I didn't.

I wanted to be hers, and I wanted her to be mine.

That was simple enough, right?

The hot water fell down my body and I sighed, leaning my head against the wall, not even bother to start washing yet.

This was all just so complicated.

I stood there still for a few more minutes, before taking the time to wash myself and step out of the shower, turning it off.

I wrapped a towel around the lower half of me and walked out of the bathroom, back to my bedroom, where Liz still slept soundly on my bed.

She looked so peaceful.

I slipped on some boxers and sweatpants, leaving my chest bare as I climbed into bed, wrapping an arm around Liz and pulling her body closer to me.

At this point, I would do whatever it took to get to lay like this with her every single night.

-----

hi again.

comment your thoughts if you wanna!

-izzy