thirty.

AVAN

The next day on set was slow and boring.

Usually filming was fun. But it wasn't when Liz was hanging out with Matt the entire time.

Matt should've known that Liz was mine. Couldn't he tell? They were close friends, I understood that. But he should've known better.

I frowned as I watched them laugh with each other, jealousy burning in the pit of my stomach. I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all.

Why wasn't she talking to me?

I thought she liked me by now.

I was too focused on Liz and Matt, not realizing that someone was tapping on my arm.

"Avan? Avan!"

My head snapped up to who was talking to me, which was Ari. "Sorry. What's up?"

Ari raised an eyebrow. "The sky. Now stop staring at Liz and come help me rehearse my lines!"

"Right. Okay." I stood up from my seat on the couch and headed over with Ariana as she handed me a script.

I kept staring at Liz out of the corner of my eye, not liking the way she giggled when Matt whispered in her ear.

"Oh my gosh, I'm just gonna go ask Leon to help me," Ari rolled her eyes before walking away, and I just kept my eyes on Liz.

She looked so happy and carefree. Why wasn't she like that when she was with me? After everything that went on between us?

A permanent frown stayed upon my lips, and it felt like everything was just crashing down on top of me.

If I lost her, I didn't know what I would do.

I didn't want her to be with anyone else. I wanted her to be happy, but I wanted her to be happy with me.

I was supposed to be her happiness.

I wanted her eyes to light up whenever she looked at me. I wanted a big smile to grace her lips as I whispered how beautiful she looked in her ear. I wanted to get to hold her in my arms every day and every night.

I wanted her to be mine.

I loved her, no doubt about it.

If only she felt the same way.

Maybe we were only supposed to be friends. Really good friends.

And maybe, as upsetting as it was, that was all we were ever going to be.

-----

just had a mental breakdown but i'm okay now.

okay i'm not okay. i just lost my account. yay me. i've created a new account, and that's where i will be posting my new books from now on. i lost my original account because i forgot my password. it's just my luck.

feel free to comment your thoughts!

-izzy