fifteen.

LIZ

I knew allowing him to come with me was a bad idea.

His chocolate eyes stared into my blue ones, and all I could focus on was his hand on my cheek, his lips millimeters away from mine.

If one of us got just a tiny bit closer, our lips would've been touching.

But instead of that happening, Avan cleared his throat awkwardly and stepped back, and his burning touch left my skin, leaving me unsatisfied.

"You said you needed time to yourself," he said gently as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "So I guess I'll just go now."

"Stay," I blurted before I even knew what I was saying.

His eyes fell back down to mine. "You sure?"

I nodded and grabbed his arm, tugging him towards my bed. He sat down and laid his head back against the bed rest, and I sat beside him, my arm sliding over his waist as I cuddled up to his side, sighing comfortably.

This was definitely normal.

Friends did this all the time, right?

The silence was agonizing yet comfortable, but I just wanted him to talk. Wanted to hear his soothing voice.

"Sing," I commanded, desperately wanting to hear his soft voice sing to me, and only me. "Please."

"I can't sing," he chuckled, his fingers absentmindedly running through my hair, which I tried to ignore.

"Yes you can," I pressed, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

"I really cannot sing, Liz."

"Your voice is good," I mumbled, tracing shapes onto his clothed chest. "I like it when you sing."

"My voice is terrible," he smirked. "But I guess I could sing for you, if you really want me to."

I nodded eagerly, and he let out another chuckle before singing as softly as he could, but loud enough to where I could still hear him.

His voice was so soothing to me. His talking and singing voice. His singing wasn't the best, but it definitely wasn't bad, either. His voice was perfect for a soft, gentle lullaby.

He continued singing to me, and I could feel my eyes closing ever so slowly. His singing was enough to make me, just for a moment, forget about everything that had happened with my parents. I knew he didn't completely understand, but he didn't press the matter any further, and that just made him even more perfect.

He was so perfect. As a friend.

A friend, which was all he would ever be.

And just then, my eyes finally drifted shut, and I fell asleep with my head resting on his chest, his sweet voice still echoing in my ears.

-----

okay, i sadly gotta go to sleep now lmao.

don't forget to comment your thoughts!

-izzy