nine.

AVAN

Was it a risk saying that she was the person that I liked more than anyone else? Yes.

Did I take that risk? Yes.

Did I regret it? Hell no.

I watched as she fiddled with the washer necklace around her neck, sitting in the seat beside me an hour later as we were driving back home.

She hadn't spoken to me since I took that risk, and my body slumped when she wouldn't even look at me.

"Liz?"

She didn't answer. Her eyes were fixed outside the window, staring at the trees as I drove passed them.

"Lizzy."

"You know how much I hate it when you call me that," she grumbled, her eyes still staring out the window.

"Then answer me the first time," I huffed, the road becoming bumpy as I continued my drive.

"You're such a player," she mumbled under her breath, thinking I couldn't hear her.

But I did.

"What do you mean?"

She finally looked at me with a cold gaze. "'You're the one I like best?' How flirty is that?"

I frowned. "But it's true. We're friends, are we not?"

"You act like you want to be something more," she mumbled again, turning her attention back to the window."

That's because I do.

"You know what, just forget I said anything," I said in irritation, my grip tightening on the steering wheel.

Her eyes softened as she stared at me. "No, Avan- "

"Forget it, Liz."

Her body slumped and she turned her gaze, once again, back to the window.

-

I sighed as I walked into my own house after dropping Liz off at hers. She seemed upset, but why? Why would she get so upset just because I told her how I felt?

I grabbed a soda from my fridge, checking the time as I did so. It was five o'clock in the afternoon, and I still had to fix up the house a bit before my parents got home from, well, whatever they were doing.

I was eighteen. I could easily move out, get a house of my own. But my parents needed me, and I needed them.

Maybe I was just too scared to live by myself.

I headed over to the couch and plopped down, switching on the TV with a remote. I tried to focus on what was playing, but my thoughts were swirling around Liz.

The girl just didn't know, how much I cared about her.

And from what it looked like, I wasn't so sure if she was ever going to realize it, either.

-----

i literally just ate like an hour ago and i'm already starving, like what-

don't by shy, comment your thoughts!

-izzy