sixteen.

AVAN

I watched as she slowly fell asleep on my chest, her legs strewn across mine as she cuddled up to me more. I knew she was tired, so I wasn't going to move. I just let her sleep.

If I could, I would gladly lay like this every day with her. Let her fall asleep in my arms. This was how it was meant to be.

No worries. No pain. Just us.

I laid there with her for hours, slowly falling asleep myself. But I wasn't asleep for long.

"Avan," she mumbled sleepily, her hand finding mine and squeezing it. "Avan..."

I looked down at her sleeping state. Her eyes were still closed, but she didn't stop muttering my name.

Her hand then flew over the zipper of my jeans, and I immediately grabbed guided it away.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me. "What?"

"What were you dreaming about?" I asked, cocking my head to the side as I looked at her.

She sat up, her cheeks immediately flushing a pink color. "Nothing."

I raised an eyebrow. "Nothing? Because it looked like you just tried to undo my pants like two minutes ago."

Her cheeks flushed darker.

"Um, well I-I, um- "

I cut her off. "Do you want that?"

She let out a shaky breath. "Do I want what?"

"Whatever happened in your dream."

She hesitantly shook her head. "No."

Knowing that she was dreaming about us made me ten times cockier, so I carefully slipped a hand under her shirt, making her suck in a breath. "You sure?"

"Avan, stop."

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything." I stroked her stomach, before slowly sliding down to the buttons of her jeans.

"Avan..."

There it was. There's the soft tone of voice. I carefully undid a button, then another, and her chest heaved.

"Tell me to stop," I demanded, because I knew that if she didn't tell me to stop, I would keep going, and I didn't want her to regret this.

"No," she gasped as my fingers undid the final button, gently tugging off her jeans.

"Liz, you need to tell me to stop."

"No," she repeated, and I tossed her jeans onto the floor, her long legs now on full display.

"Liz..." I trailed off, too busy admiring her creamy long legs.

"Touch me," she demanded, pure lust in her voice. "Please, touch me."

"No, Liz, I can't do this to you- "

"Do what? I'm sober. I won't regret this. Just please, Avan. I need this. I need you." She looked at me with pleading eyes, and as much as I wanted to, I just couldn't.

"We can't, Liz."

"Avan," she pleaded, and god did I want to just give into her pleas already.

I shook my head firmly. "No. I'm sorry, Liz, but I can't do this to you."

She frowned and stood up, her shirt not long enough to cover her perfect legs, but I didn't get to stare long before she pulled her jeans back on.

"Get out."

I sighed. Of course she would say that.

"Liz, you're just gonna regret this later. I don't want to do this with you, because I'm not gonna regret it. I want this too, but the thought of you regretting it, I-I just can't do it."

"I don't understand," she sighed. "You either want me or you don't. It's not that hard."

"Liz, we're friends."

"Yeah well friends can have benefits," she snapped, running a hand through her raven locks.

My shoulders slumped. "So that's what you want us to be? Friends with benefits?"

She shrugged. "We're both good-looking people. I don't see why not."

This isn't about looks, Liz.

"You're unbelievable," I scoffed, and she looked up at me, confused.

"What?"

"You heard what I said," I frowned. "Forget that anything even happened today. I don't think I want to be around you any longer."

And with that, I walked out the door, leaving her upset and confused in her bedroom.

-----

guys idek what this was so bear with me okay.

comment your thoughts if you want to!

-izzy