five.

LIZ

It was silent as everyone fell asleep on the mattresses that Ari had pulled out from her huge walk-in closet, and I just sighed as I stared up at the ceiling.

I saw Avan fast asleep on his side, laying on a mattress. He looked peaceful.

I didn't know why I couldn't fall asleep.

I stared up at the ceiling for a few more minutes before I heard a husky voice murmur, "Liz?"

I sat up, turning to face the voice that called out to me, my eyes falling on a sleepy Avan.

"Hmm?"

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asked in a gruff voice, sitting up and rubbing his eyes tiredly. "It's late."

I shrugged. "Can't sleep."

"Any reason?"

I shrugged again, picking at the strings of the mattress.

He watched me for a moment, before scooting over and patting the mattress. "Come here."

I crawled over to him onto his mattress, and he laid back down, motioning for me to do the same.

I mimicked his actions, laying down on my side as I felt his arm wrapping around my waist, pulling my body closer to him.

"Maybe now you can sleep," he whispered in my ear quietly, and I felt his lips brush my hair as he laid his head back down on the white mattress.

My heart was racing in excitement, though I didn't know why. We weren't doing anything, just trying to sleep.

His arm tightened around my waist and I sucked in a quiet breath, his skin hot against mine. I already knew he was fast asleep again, and he was just trying to help me feel comfortable.

And I definitely was comfortable.

Though he just made it harder for me to fall asleep, with his arm around me and him laying so close to me.

Maybe he just thought this was friendly.

I didn't think it was friendly.

I knew he wasn't trying to make it sexual. But it felt like it.

I let out a soft sigh and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep as quickly as Avan had been able to.

But there was no use in trying.

His touch sent goosebumps along my skin, and his hot breath tickled my neck. How could he sleep so easily?

We're just friends.

I kept repeating that in my head, over and over, shaking away the thought of us being anything more.

It's literally just a sleepover.

Friends can do this too.

It's normal.

But the thing was, it definitely wasn't normal.

-----

hewo.

feel free to comment your thoughts!

-izzy