twenty-two.

LIZ

I pushed him away.

And I definitely regretted it.

But I just couldn't let someone like him take advantage of me.

He didn't have feelings for me. He was lying. He was just acting. He was an actor, that was what he was supposed to do.

Maybe he wanted to completely humiliate me if I said that I liked him back. And he would break my heart. It wouldn't be the first time.

I couldn't let him break me.

And it was hard, with someone as sweet as him.

I had finally gotten what I wanted- to kiss him. A real kiss this time. But being as stupid as I was, I pushed him and my feelings away.

I could tell he felt hurt. Or maybe it was acting. Who knew.

I let out a heavy sigh as I walked into my house. It was dark and empty. Exactly how I felt at the moment.

My parents were gone. They were never coming back. I didn't know where they were, but I just knew, they weren't ever going to come back to me.

I knew it wasn't my fault. Even they told me it wasn't my fault.

They just had to leave.

They weren't dead. They were alive, and perfectly fine. They just weren't with me anymore.

And I had to get used to that fact.

I had nobody, at this point. Not even Ari could help me.

I wanted Avan. But I had to face the facts that what I want, is just a fantasy.

I wasn't in some sort of fairytale. This was real life.

Avan wasn't my prince charming. He was simply my friend. That kiss meant absolutely nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Avan was an amazing friend. An amazing person. He was sweet, charming, funny, cute. Everything a girl could possibly want in a guy.

I wanted him, but I knew I just couldn't have him.

I knew we both wanted each other to be happy. Happy without each other. He could find himself an amazing girl, and I could find myself an amazing guy.

Even though, he was an amazing guy.

I was trying to make this right. I was trying to go back to just being friends with him.

No kissing involved.

Because friends weren't supposed to kiss.

Not at all.

Avan and I, were nothing more than great friends. And the fact that he would lie to me about having feelings for me felt like a kick in the stomach.

But a sliver, a tiny sliver, of me thought that maybe, he wasn't acting after all.

-----

guys just hear me out okay: a jade west x oc book.

don't worry i'ma still finish this book before i start another one. but i kinda wanna do an oc book. lemme know what you think!

don't forget to comment your thoughts!

-izzy