thirty-two.

AVAN

I didn't know where Liz was taking me, but I didn't dare complain.

She pulled up to a country-looking diner and parked in an empty parking lot, and got out of the car as I followed her.

"Are you sure you're not a country girl?" I chuckled as I followed her inside the diner, which was incredibly nice.

"My mom and dad had their first date here," she murmured, ignoring my question.

I suddenly felt extremely special.

"It's really nice," I said cheerfully, the smell of bacon wafting to my nose as we both sat across from each other in a booth.

"Their food is really good too," she grinned. "I know this isn't much, but I just thought it'd be nice."

"It's perfect," I assured her quickly, and her blue eyes gleamed with happiness.

Now she was perfect.

Just then a blonde waitress walked over to us, smiling brightly at me. "Hi, I'm Maddie and I'll be your waitress for today. What can I get you two?"

I told her my order as Liz glared at her, her fingers impatiently tapping on the table as the waitress flashed me another smile.

A smirk came over my lips as Liz mumbled her order and the waitress walked away.

"Someone's jealous," I teased.

She scoffed. "I don't get jealous, Jogia. She was just annoying."

"All she did was smile."

"Exactly."

I chuckled, and about ten minutes later the waitress brought the door to our table.

"Here ya go," she quipped happily, then sliding a napkin to me with her digits on it. "And here's my number that you forgot to order, handsome."

"He didn't forget," Liz scowled, and I tried to hide my laugh. "He didn't ask for it because he doesn't want it."

The blonde turned to shoot her a glare, and I knew Liz was about to flip, so I politely handed the napkin back to the her.

"Sorry," I smiled innocently. "But I don't think my girlfriend would like that very much."

The blonde frowned, then huffed as she stormed off and away from our table.

"Smooth," Liz arched an eyebrow, and I just shrugged.

"I didn't want her number, anyway."

"Oh I know you didn't."

I chuckled and grabbed a fork, digging into the food that had been placed in front of me earlier.

"I don't want to eat this now," Liz grimaced as she pushed around the food on her plate. "What if that blonde bimbo's spit is in it? Or what if she poisoned it?"

"Pretty sure she's not allowed to poison or spit in the customer's food, Liz."

"So?"

I just chuckled again, before going back to my food.

-----

if i ever have a baby girl i'ma name her elizabeth. i've honestly always loved that name. i used to get called elizabeth a lot when i was younger...how does isabella sound like elizabeth?? my name is isabella (i go by izzy tho hehe)

feel free to comment your thoughts!

-izzy