Chapter Two

Tim was sat on the couch looking through the news feed on his phone, keeping up to date with everything going on not just in Gotham but the rest of the world. It sufficed to say that Tim rarely ever quit working after he became Robin at the age of 15, now he was 19 and wasn't even Robin anymore. He was Red Robin, one of Gotham's protectors along with the rest of his family.

"Master Tim, would you be so kind as to take your feet off of the couch I just vacuumed?" Alfred asked, holding a tray with a mug of coffee on it. 

Tim bent his head backward to look at the English butler and gave him a sheepish smile. "Sorry, Alf." 

"Apology accepted, now would you please remind your brothers that we are expecting a guest?" Alfred requested, handing Tim the mug of coffee he had asked for 20 minutes before. Tim gave him a nod and rose to his feet, taking a large sip of the coffee. "Also, remind them I want the manor to stay clean until they arrive." 

Tim gave Alfred yet another nod. "Sure thing, also thank you for the coffee." he smiled and walked out of the sitting room. Knowing his brothers, they would be down in the Batcave prepping for the night's patrol. Something Tim did 3 hours prior. Turning the handles on the clock in the study, Tim drank half of his coffee in one gulp before descending the stairs. 

What he saw when he got down there was no surprise to him. Of course Dick, Jason and Damian were all down there but so was Stephanie and Barbara. Cass was still in Japan on Batman Inc. business and wouldn't be back for another month. 

There stood Stephanie in her average daily wear, with what looked to be jumbo marshmallows shoved into her mouth with Dick and Jason egging her on. He didn't have to see the look on Babs' face to see that she did not approve, and Damian was his usual self standing off to the side observing the others' antics.

"Guys, Alfred told me to remind you that our guests are arriving." he sipped more coffee and stood by Barbara and his assumptions were right. Steph was, for some unknown reason, shoving jumbo marshmallows into her mouth.

"Yeah, yeah. Timmy, you have to look at this. Steph has 14 jumbo marshmallows in her mouth. 14!" Dick said, clearly excited.

Damian huffed, "Why don't you tell him why she has 14 marshmallows in her mouth?"

Tim looked at his siblings, obviously it had something to do with Dick and Jason because they were to most excited about it. Knowing them, it was some kind of bet to see how many marshmallows she could fit into her mouth which would also explain the look of disapproval from Barbara. One wrong move and Steph would either spit them all over or choke and need CPR.

"Jason made a bet to Dick on how many she can fit didn't he?" Tim asked.

"Bold of you to assume that I started this babybird." Jason retorted.

"Did you?"

"Of course I did." 

Tim rolled his eyes and looked at the clock on his phone, according to Alfred their guests were an hour away and Bruce wanted everyone to meet them. Like clockwork, Bruce appeared and took one look at his kids and let out a long sigh.

"Why is it that everytime we have people coming over, at least two of you do something stupid?" he asked, as Stephanie shoved two more marshmallows making Dick grin wider.

"Oh come on B, at least let us finish this bet. I am 3 away from winning. I bet she could fit 20 in her big mouth, Dick bet 18." Jason said, not turning to look at Bruce.  "Besides, what's so important about these people anyway?"

"Oliver Queen is bringing his ward to stay with us for a while. They've been having some trouble and they thought I could help." he explained, crossing his arms and watched as Steph fit yet two more marshmallows maxing it out at 18 like Dick bet.