Chapter Twenty-Eight

The flight to Paris was awful. Sure Rory and Jason used one of Bruce's private jets, but it didn't relieve the feeling in her stomach. She curled up in her seat and closed her eyes as she listened to music from her headphones. The flight had about four hours left and she was getting antsy because of it.

"What is with you and flying?" he asked.

Rory didn't look at him. "I don't like flying." 

Jason raised a brow. "You don't like flying?"  She shook her head. 

"Why don't you like flying, are you afraid of it or something?"

Rory opened an eye to look at him. "It's not that I'm afraid of it, I just don't like having my feet on solid ground is all." 

"Are you ever going to tell me why?" he pressed.

Rory let out a sigh and opened her other eye and titled her head as she looked at him. "You ever tell anyone this story, I will hurt you. It was years ago, I was Arrowette still and Count Vertigo was attacking hospitals across the city." she started.

"Clark was in town visiting Oli on league business when we got the call. Queen Manor was a ways away and Dinah was out of town on a mission and Roy had left. Oli and I didn't have a fast way to get there, so Clark got the wonderful idea in his head to pick me up and fly me all the way down across the city." Rory glanced out the window of the plane and shuddered as she remembered it.

"Since then, I have not liked flying."

Jason laughed as he listened to the story. "So, you're saying that Superman ruined flying for you?" he asked.

Rory gave him a look and shrunk into her seat. "Well, when you put it that way it just sounds dumb."

Jason got up and sat next to her and nudged her shoulder. "Lighten up, this thing has almost everything you could need. Drinks, Food, a place to nap." he chuckled.

Rory rolled her eyes. "What I need is to be on the ground, not in the air."

Jason sighed. "What if we watched a movie or something, it could get your mind off of it." 

Rory gave him a nod and watched as Jason scrolled through the movies, deciding on My Fair Lady and surprising Rory. She looked at him and he just shrugged. Jason wanted her to relax some, so maybe putting on her favorite movie would help, and it did. 

Exactly two hours and fifty-two minutes later, the movie had ended and they only had to last another hour on the flight. Lucky for Rory, she had passed out about halfway through the movie. It meant that she was relaxed enough that she could get a little bit of sleep before they had to meet up with the rest of the Outlaws at their temporary safe-house.

When the plane began its descent, it was dark out and Paris was lit up. Jason carefully shook Rory awake and pointed out the window. Looking out, she could see the Eifel Tower amongst the city light. A big smile spread across her face, Rory had always wanted to come to Paris and she was finally here. 

The only thing that could have made it better is if she had Tim with her. It was no secret that Paris was known as the city of love and it was something that she would love to experience with him, but because he was taking over WE from Bruce soon Tim was extra busy. If she really enjoyed Paris that much Rory would just have to kidnap Tim and take him on a vacation.

As the plane landed, Rory gripped the armrests of her seat so tight her hand went white and she basically threw herself off the plane once it was safe on the ground. Of course, both Rory and Jason were famous heirs to the Wayne and Queen fortunes so they had to try and stay inconspicuous and not get noticed.