Chapter Four

"Come on Green! We're losing him!" she called. White Arrow ran across the rooftops trying to keep up with the masked villain. With White Arrow being younger and smaller, she was able to move faster than the Green Arrow. Jumping off, she landed on the man they were chasing and sent them both to the floor. 

Rolling off her opponent, she landed on her knees and pulled out her bow and aimed an arrow at him.

The man was heavily armed, almost like he was military. The suit was a combination of orange and black and he was armed to the teeth. The interesting thing about him was that he was very precise, he never did anything without severe calculation. 

Lucky for her, The White Arrow was trained the same.

The man stood up and eyed his opponent, it was just a simple girl. Who knew that The Green Arrow had taken on another protege? From the looks of her, she was still young no older than 20 but no younger than 18.

"Who are you and why are you in my city?" she demanded.

Deathstroke laughed. "Your city? If I recall, this city belonged to The Green Arrow."

"His jurisdiction falls to me as well, now answer my questions. Who are you and why are you here?" she demanded once again, tightening the grip on her bow. 

"What are you going to fight me?" he asked, standing to meet his full height towering over the girl. He pulled his sword out of the sheath on his back and swung it in his hand. 

"If that's what it takes, then I will," she said, rising to her feet her eyes not moving away and her bow still trained on him.

"White, do not engage this man alone!" Green Arrow said through his com. "I repeat, do not engage!" 

White Arrow ignored him. "I have him in my sights Green, I'm not going to let him get away." 

The man in front of her took off his helmet to reveal dark eyes that bore into hers with a large grin across his aged face. "You should really listen to your mentor, Oliver is right after all."  He then launched himself at the girl, with his sword raised ready to strike her down.

Rory sat up in her bed quickly and looked around frantically. Her breathing was uneven and her mouth was dry, the usual side effect to her nightmares. It had been a year and a half since that night and Rory still had it ringing through her head when she slept. 

Running a hand through her loose hair, Rory got to her feet and slid into her slippers. She walked over to her bedpost and grabbed the robe that hung there for her. Wrapping herself in it, she began to feel her heart rate slow and relaxed into the soft fabric.

Letting out a shaky breath, Rory left her room and quietly made her way down to the kitchen hoping not to disturb anyone who could be sleeping. She had been living with bruce for almost a week now and she was still not cleared for patrol with him and the others. He told her that he had one more test for her and then she would be allowed out, but until then she was to enjoy the peaceful nights she got.

Her feet padded quietly through the halls, knowing the way down to the kitchen. Her nightmares had been a reoccurring experience the last few days because she couldn't work herself into exhaustion. She knew that it wasn't healthy, but not sleeping wasn't healthy either. Turning a corner, she saw a tall figure and quickly darted back behind the wall again.

"I know you're there," Jason called.

With a sigh of defeat, she walked out and stood in the hall where he could see her. "What the hell are you doing up princess?" she asked, a smirk to her tone.