Chapter Fifteen

When Rory woke on Christmas Eve, she had a big smile on her face. Both she and Tim decided that if he was seen leaving her room in the morning, it would give the family the idea that something had happened that night when it didn't. Of course, Dick probably blabbed to everyone that she and Tim were alone in her room but that was beside the point.

Glancing over she saw the bag that held her dress she was wearing to the ballet later that night, and her smile grew bigger. Rory was beyond excited about it and was even more excited to share it with Tim. She stretched out with a yawn and got out of bed, and grabbed her Grinch robe throwing it on. 

She stepped out of her room and went down to the kitchen for breakfast, the sweet aroma of baked goods filling the air. Pushing the door Rory entered the kitchen and saw an amazing breakfast set on the table complete with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and pancakes. There were several stacks of pancakes in various shapes like a Christmas tree, gingerbread men, candy canes, stars, and Rory's favorite ballerinas. 

Grabbing a bit of each, Rory sat in an open seat and ate with a mug of hot chocolate that had marshmallows and a candy cane in it. It wasn't long after that Tim came in and sat with her and began to eat the food on his plate.

Somehow, neither of them noticed everyone's eyes follow them from the door and to their seats, squinting at how close they were sitting together. It wasn't until Rory had finished half of her food that she noticed everyone watching her, more specifically Jason, Steph, and Dick who were across from them at the table.

"What are you three staring at?" she asked, her mouth full of pancake. 

"What do you think we are staring at?" Stephanie asked, her eyes shifting between Rory and Tim who almost seemed too calm considering what happened the night before. Tim looked up from his food and looked at them in confusion.

"Do we have something on our face?" Tim asked as he and Rory looked at each other to see if they had syrup or grease on it.

"You guys are awfully close," Dick said, sipping from his mug.

"We usually are this close Dick, what's your point?" Rory asked.

"You guys seem almost too comfortable with each other." Jason tried, hoping one of them would talk.

"Again, you act like this is new Jaybird," Tim said shoving more food in his mouth.

"We clearly need to address the elephant in the room," Steph said, trying to hint at what the three of them were wondering. Where they together or not?

"Now that you mention it, sure," Rory said, leaning back in her seat. "Is it just me, or is Damian in an unusually cheery mood?" 

"I was wondering the same thing, I've been down here for twenty minutes now and he has yet to insult me." Tim looked over at Damian who was quietly sipping his hot chocolate. 

"Don't get used to it Drake, once it's the 26th I'll go back to insulting you." 

Dick, Jason, and Stephanie were about to explode. How the hell were both Rory and Tim avoiding the topic so well? When Dick returned to the cave, he had said that Tim was alive and well in Rory's room with the door shut and that he heard her giggling a little. Something had to have happened, for them to be so casual around each other.

After watching them for a few more minutes, Jason finally said something. "Did you guys have sex and are acting completely normal about it?" 

At his words, both Rory and Tim almost choked on their food. "Master Jason, that is not how you talk at the table." Alfred scolded. 

"Sorry Alfie, but is no one else wondering the same thing? You two disappeared last night and we didn't see either of you until this morning. Tell me that isn't the least bit suspicious." he claimed, taking some more bacon from the plate.