Chapter Sixteen

Rory was sat in a chair in the middle of her bathroom while the three girls looked at her, then the dress, and then back at Rory once more. They were contemplating on what to do to her, white was a very simple color but hard to work with at times.

"I say we keep it neutral, that way it won't clash too much with her dress. Since her hair is so dark, it contrasts it quite a bit." Cass said.

"What if we did a light brown? It would match her hair, but outshine the dress at the same time. Maybe add some white in it to tone it down." Barbara suggested, biting her lip in concentration. She knew how hard it was to get a look to match your hairs, she was a redhead after all.

"I think that's a great idea, make it a light brown look in the crease," Steph said and turned Rory around so she was facing the mirror. "Now, what to do with the hair. You got that gorgeous necklace set with the earrings, so I say put your hair up for the evening and let those babies be shown to the world."

"You guys know that I have nothing in particular I want, just make me look decent," Rory stated. She was never really one to wear makeup and do her hair all fancy, but the girls were excited and she was going to a formal event so might as well let them have their fun.

Rory watched as Stephanie did her hair, starting with putting it into ringlet curls. Once she was done with that, she began to braid it into a messy but neatly messy bun on the back of Rory's head. It took a while, but all of Rory's hair was up in the bun. Stephanie started to put bobby pins into her hair and small jewels that matched her outfit. With the way it looked, Rory's hair almost shone in the bathroom lights.

Now that she was done, it was time for Rory's least favorite part, the makeup. Turning her back to look at them, Rory closed her eyes and felt Babs place a light layer of foundation on her face followed by concealer. While Cassandra worked on her eyes, Babs did her cheeks and lips. The atmosphere was quiet but tense, the two of them worried that they would make a mistake.

During this, both Dick and Jason tried to peek in to see what they were doing to Rory, only for Stephanie to grab one of her hidden arrows and throw it at their heads, yelling at them to get out and they would see when Tim got to see.

Speaking of Tim, he was a nervous wreck. He and Rory had only been 'officially' dating by Dick and Jason's standards for 12 hours now and he was worried that he was going to mess it up. Neither of his brothers were helping his nerves, nor helping him get ready. It took Alfred shooing them out and began to help him, with some thoughtful input from Bruce.

Back in Rory's room, the girls were going at it again. Only this time, it was about what Rory would wear under her dress. Initially, Rory wanted to wear some leggings under her dress so she wouldn't freeze in the cold winter air, but the second she said that Stephanie and Barbara went ballistic. "You don't wear leggings under a dress this fancy Rory!" 

"No one has stopped me before Steph!"

"Dinah is no longer allowed to dress you for events, for every single one you are going to come straight to me and I will make you look like a bombshell," she said with her hands on her hips. "You are not wearing leggings, pantyhose I will allow because those are a neutral color and hard to see and the skirt of the dress is really long."

Rory let out a huff and took the undergarments she was being forced to wear and changed in the bathroom, Steph following her with the dress. It took a minute, but once the dress was on Rory securely they exited the bathroom. When the other two saw her, their jaws dropped. 

"If you weren't dating Tim, I would totally try to date you." Cass chuckled looking her friend over, making Rory blush at her comment. 

"Stop it, Cass, you're making her blush." Barbara chuckled.