Chapter Fifty-Four

"Kon will meet us there, are you sure that you are ready to go out and do this Rory?" Tim asked, pulling the cowl over his face. Rory looked over at him and nodded as she placed her mask on her face.

"Yes Tim, I am sure. Just please don't worry so much about me that you don't take care of yourself?" she asked, adjusting the strap to her quiver of arrows.

Tim gave her a look. "I only worry about you so much because I love you," he said cupping her cheek. Rory stepped closer and pressed her lips to his softly as he gripped her waist tightly. "I just want you to stay safe Songbird," he said. 

Rory leaned into his touch and closed her eyes. " I can protect myself, you know that," she said.

"Of course I know that, but that doesn't mean I will stop worrying about you." He held her face in his hand while keeping the grip on her waist. He watched a smile grace her face as she leaned in to kiss him once more.

"Once all of this is over, maybe we can take that trip to Paris that we've been talking about," she said placing her hands on his shoulders.

"And I can kiss you under the Paris lights and dance you around beneath the stars," he said with a smile. 

"Sounds perfect, but we need to finish up this case first." Rory pulled away and got onto her bike, kicking it on. Tim followed and climbed onto his and followed her out of the cave and towards ACE Chemicals. 

The drive over was quiet other than the usual nighttime ambiance. ACE Chemicals was very easy to spot, it was on the outside of the city and had very bright lighting. It was a massive chemical plant, it's where Joker dropped Harley into the toxic waste and started her life of crime. If Ivy was looking for some sort of chemical mixture, this would be the place to find it.

The two of them pulled up and hopped off their bikes, seeing Superboy there waiting for them in his leather jacket. "About time the two of you showed up," he said, throwing his arms into the air.

"Sorry, had to have a little chat before we left. Have you seen anything yet though?" Grey Arrow asked as she walked over. 

"Not really, no. There's so much going on inside, I can't tell any of it apart." Superboy responded. "So what's the plan boss?" 

Red Robin gave him a look of confusion. "Why are you calling her boss? Normally I'm the leader." 

"She is older and therefore smarter and wiser than you are." he grinned.

Grey Arrow gave him an approving smile. "I'm liking him more and more, keep that up and I might just come and visit you myself in Metropolis." she chuckled.

Red Robin rolled his eyes. "Haha, you both are hilarious. But since you are the boss, what's the plan Arrow?" 

"I say we try to stick together as much as we can. I know we won't cover much ground, but it's safer. Especially when we are possibly going against Ivy here. We don't know what exactly we are walking into and might need a quick getaway." she explained.

The two boys gave her a nod. The first priority was to see if Ivy was even there or not and then take the necessary actions to stop her if she was. Red Robin didn't like the idea that Grey Arrow was working with them, but he couldn't leave her home. She was too deep into this case to be left behind, and as much as he hated to admit it; maybe she could try and talk to Ivy and see what she knew. 

"Sounds like a plan to me, let's get going," Superboy said and started to walk into the building with Grey Arrow and Red Robin on his tail.

The three of them walked carefully, making sure that they didn't trigger any trap. So far, there was no sign of any plant life so that was a good sign for them. That meant fewer chances of Ivy actually being there.