Chapter Six

"I vote neither!" 

Grey Arrow's head snapped up, she knew that voice anywhere. A series of red arrows landed themselves in the arms of the thugs holding Red Robin and herself down and she was surprised to see a blast of ice knock Harley Quinn down. Quickly getting to her feet she turned and saw Arsenal and Freezewire.

"Geez Grey, you can't go one night without getting into trouble?" Arsenal laughed, landing on the ground next to her. "I thought I taught you better."

Freezewire slid down next to them on a slide of ice. "See you met the bats and the batshit crazies." Freeze grinned.

"You know what? Fuck both of you." she huffed and made sure Red Robin was okay.

"You already did sweetheart." Freeze said under his breath, but loud enough that Arsenal, Grey Arrow, and Red Robin all heard it.

"Acquaintances of yours Arrow?" he asked, nodded to the two guys that arrived. Grey Arrow's face was turning red, of course, the two people who showed up to help was Arsenal and Freezewire. 

"More like pains in my ass, let's finish this and get this dumb  broad back to Arkham." Gray Arrow said, and pulled her bow off of her back and aimed it at the thugs who were attacking. She knew that there was a no-kill rule and it was her mission to get out of this without killing anyone or brutally maiming them either.

Red Robin and Grey Arrow's chances of survival went up when Arsenal and Freezewire showed up and they were going to use that to their advantage. Lining up three arrows on her bow, Gray Arrow shot three men in the shoulder. The thugs began to gang up on them, Grey Arrow hit thugs left and right with her bow and shot them in legs, shoulders, and other non-lethal places to get them down for the count.

To her left was Red Robin, using his bo staff he was hitting thugs left and right keeping them from getting too close to him. Grey Arrow could see his cape waving in the wind with him as he hit the men.

To her right was Arsenal, he was trained much like she was and they worked well together. They stood back to back and hit anyone who got to close as Arsenal shot explosive arrows to send them running. Grey Arrow had what she liked to call concussive arrows. Much like Black Canary, these emitted a loud high pitched screaming when they hit contact. Not enough to kill, but enough to make them cringe.

Finally beside Arsenal was Freezewire. Freeze was a metahuman and had his transformation when STAR Labs exploded in Central City granting him the ability to control ice. He had worked with Grey Arrow multiple times and were really close. Freeze was shooting ice at the thugs and trapping them in small glaciers of ice. 

Trying to look over the crowd, Grey Arrow saw Harley Quinn skating away with several thugs behind her. "Freeze, Arsenal! Round up this bunch, Red and I are going after Harley!" she called. Red Robi used his staff to jump over the thugs while Grey arrow ran across their shoulders. Rolling onto the floor, the two of them took off after Harley Quinn. If she got to her car, they were going to lose her and they couldn't. Not when Red Robin's case rested on this. 

Aiming an arrow, she shot one at the skate Harley was wearing and she toppled to the floor. "Ow! What the fuck, these are brand new skates you bitch!" she yelled. The thugs around Harley stopped and went after Red Robin and Grey Arrow, who fought them with all they had.

There were gunshots being heard from all over and Grey Arrow didn't think twice about it. Her focus was on stopping Harley Quinn from escaping. Managing to take down her three goons, she charged after Harley who swung her hammer at her. Dropping to her knees, she slid under the hammer and then sent a kick to the back of her knees making her fall again.