Chapter Thirty-Four

As Rory walked through the grey afternoon lighting, she kept her hood pulled over her face. She was famous because she was a Queen and because she was dating Tim Drake, and wanted nothing more than to get to her destination without interruptions. Knowing Dick and Barbara, they would be back at Wayne Manor and informing the others that Rory has gone off the grid and didn't want to be found. Knowing Tim, he would ignore them both and would try to find her. 

That was why she took the battery out of her phone. 

Tim may be a computer genius, but so was she and Rory knew how to hide in plain sight. She didn't want people knocking on her door to bug her, and she most definitely did not want to see Tim before she knew how to tell him. 

Her destination was an old Team Arrow safe house, hidden deep in the back streets of Gotham. It was a dangerous part of town, even in the day time but Rory knew how to protect herself. She kept her pace quick and walked with a purpose, making sure not to look at any possible cameras or do anything that made her stand out and even took the time to walk through large crowds just so she could disappear if they had managed to follow her.

It took Rory about an hour to get to the safe house, hoping that Oli never changed the code. This was the safe house Team Arrow used when they were deep undercover and not wanting to be found, Rory had designed the security and firewalls in a way that the building could not be found with a satellite and no one could trace any phone or computer once they were inside the building.

Luckily for her, Oliver never changed the code. Quickly she slipped into the building and locked the door behind her. With a sigh, she took her hood off and looked around. It looked the same as the last time she saw the place, she and Roy had chased Merlyn across the country and lost him in Gotham. They didn't want anyone to know they were in town, so the two of them stayed here.

She walked to the main bedroom and dropped her bag. Now that she was inside, she grabbed out her phone and put the battery back in, tossing it on the bed so it could blow up with notifications from the others, probably wondering where the hell she was.

Even though the tests came back negative, Rory still felt like shit. She was nauseous and wanted to vomit constantly and punch things all at the same time. Heading to the bathroom, Rory decided it was a good idea to get into a shower and try to clear her head.

Once she was in, Rory felt her muscles relax as the hot water hit her skin. With a sigh, Rory washed herself as she got lost in her thoughts. What was she going to tell Tim, and how was she going to tell him? She knew that this was something she couldn't keep hidden from him forever, he would eventually find out and she wanted it to be the one to tell him.

Rory could faintly hear the ringing of her phone from the bedroom and decided that maybe it was time for her to talk to someone. Turning off the water, she stepped out and dried off before pulling out spare clothes she had stashed and got dressed. Looking at the bed, her phone was still ringing, and like she had expected it was Tim who was calling her.

Taking a deep breath, she picked up the phone and answered it. 

"Rory, where the hell are you and why can't I find you!?" he snapped.

Rory flinched back from the phone, Tim's voice ringing in her ear. "Tim I-"

"You said that you were with Barbara, then Dick comes back from breakfast and says that you disappeared and don't want to be found? Rory, what the fuck is going on?"

With a sigh. "Tim, please. I promise that I am okay, I'm just trying to take care of some personal stuff right now and I can't do that at the manor," she replied.