Chapter Twelve

Friday had come and passed, and it was the day Barbara, Stephanie, and Cass were taking Rory shopping for the ballet in two weeks. Steph had thought it a great idea to barge into Rory's room at seven in the morning without any warning. This ended with Rory jumping awake and pinning Steph to the ground with a loud thud. Of course, Rory quickly got up and apologized, kind of.

She warned Steph that surprising her would never end well, and not to try it again. It took about an hour, but all the girls were piled into the backseat of a limo and were on their way to the mall once again.

"So what's the deal with you a Tim?" Cassandra asked as she sipped her morning tea.

Rory gave her a confused look, "There is nothing going on between me and Tim, we are just friends. Have been for years." she shrugged leaning back in her seat.

"Yeah, that's not what it looks like from here Rory. Tin doesn't act that way around anyone really, he has a soft spot for you." Babs said looking at Rory from over her cup.

"Yeah, because we're best friends. What's with you guys and the way Tim behaves around me?" Rory demanded. Their behavior had been getting weirder and weirder especially with how close Rory and Tim had been getting. What was so wrong with reconnecting with an old friend?

"Sure, whatever you say." Steph grinned.

Rory rolled her eyes and looked out the window. Gotham was covered in snow now, and it made the city look almost peaceful even though deep down everyone knew Gotham City was anything but peaceful.

The limo pulled up to the mall and Cass and Rory helped Barbara into her chair and began to push her into the mall. "So where to first ladies?" Cass asked, looking around at the stores.

"Well, on the first floor there are some average brand name stores, on the second floor are where the real prestige dresses are with the big-name designers so to the second floor we go," Stephanie said and took off to get an elevator. 

"I don't need some fancy big designer name dress or anything guys. I could wear a blazer and slacks and fit in." Rory objected, helping Cass get Barbara and her chair into the elevator.

"Nonsense, you will be going on a date with one of the Wayne heirs. You will look your best Aurora Sonnet-Queen. That is why the three of us are here, to make sure you are the literal belle of the ball or ballet I should say." 

Rory looked to Cass and Barbara for some backup, but they simply just shook their heads. "Once Steph has an idea, there is no stopping her. Besides, she is right. People will notice Tim, so they will notice you too." Babs said, adjusting her glasses.

Rory let out a sigh of defeat. "But it's not even a date, he's taking me as friends. That's all we are, so get the idea out of your heads." But as Barbara had explained, once an idea was in Stephanie's head there was no getting it out. She was hell-bent on making this a date for Rory and Tim, so she was going to make them both look their best. In fact, the boys were taking Tim out for a new suit tomorrow to match whatever dress Rory got.

The four girls slowly made their way to the first dress shop and immediately began to grab dresses to throw at Rory in various shades. They grabbed blue, pink, purple, gold, black, and even white dresses to throw at her. 

With the royal blue one in her arms, Rory did the walk of shame into the dressing room and slid into the dress. Looking at herself in the mirror, she did think the dress was beautiful, but it wasn't her.

"Don't you dare take that off before we get to see it, Rory! I will come in after you and make sure that we see it." Stephanie hollered. With a sigh, Rory adjusted the front of the dress and made her way out of the dressing room.