Chapter Fifty-Two

Grey Arrow stood outside the gates to Amusement Mile once again, somehow she had managed to convince Bruce to let her look through the area alone. Only on the condition that either Tim, Kon, or Jason were nearby and ready to drop in if she needed any help. She took a deep breath and walked in, pushing the gates open ever so slightly. 

If Ivy was here, she didn't want to be found at all. Her last two encounters with the woman were not so great, being subjected to her sex pollen and then interrogated. Grey Arrow did not want to find out what else Ivy was capable of, and neither did the others. That was why she had packed an antidote to her most known poisons. It didn't counteract all of them, but the ones she used the most. 

Looking around the park seemed more dull than usual, but that didn't mean it was empty. Using the detective mode in her mask, Grey Arrow was able to pinpoint the location of one of the tunnel entrances. She had a theory that there was more to the underground segment of Amusement Mile, and she wanted to test it. 

Slowly, she crept over to one of the entrances and pulled the door open the fresh smell of rotten eggs greeting her nose once again. The first time was bad enough, but this was worse tenfold. Grey Arrow had to take slow breaths so she didn't gag on the putrid smell. 

Dropping down the ladder, she could see that the tunnels hadn't changed that much. "Grey Arrow to Oracle, I'm in the tunnels. I should be in and out within the next fifteen minutes. If I don't respond by then, send someone after me." she spoke into her comm.

"Copy that Rory, and be careful." 

"I try to be," she answered, and prepped her bow just in case as she walked further into the tunnels. 

It seemed like the tunnels went on and on, without any end. There was no ventilation so the smell only got worse the further in she went. It took a long time to get used to the smell and not want to gag on it. Checking the watch on her hand, Grey Arrow saw that she had only been down there for three minutes. But why did it feel so much longer?

A couple more minutes passed when she saw something on the wall, it looked like a loose panel. Carefully, she set her bow down and wrapped the tips of her fingers around the edges that stuck out from the wall and gave it a hard tug.

The panel flew off the wall and a rush of fresh air greeted her lungs. Grey Arrow let out a breath and smiled softly. Grabbing the spare marker she carried, she wrote a small note alerting the others that she had gone down in the secret passage just in case she had no reception down there still.

Poking her head in, she could see that it was another drop but it was bigger and seemed to go towards the sewage system. Why would Ivy need the sewage system?

Grabbing her bow, Grey Arrow started her slow descent down the ladder hoping it wouldn't snap and fall apart under her. As he got closer to the ground, she could hear the faint sound of rushing water. The cape was just outside of the park, so maybe it had a drainage system that led right to it? 

Dropping down the last few steps, she landed on her feet silently and crept along the walkway. The path was pitch black and she could barely see a thing, but it was so quiet Grey Arrow could hear her own heartbeat.

Her steps stayed soft as she walked, keeping an ear out for something that didn't sound right and so far there was nothing. If someone was in there with her, they were good at hiding. Grey Arrow could see a small light at the end and slowly picked up speed before she stepped in a puddle, making a slight splashing sound. 

She could tell from the sound it made, that the puddle she stepped in was not water. It was thicker, slowly she bent down and felt it with her fingers. It was thick to the touch as well, and warm. Right off the bat, she ruled out it being some toxic goop because her fingers and boot were not burning.