004

"we have a leader?"

"we have a leader?"

"we're going on a night hike!"

"hyungs, i'm scared..."

"you're a six foot tall baby, shut up, daniel."

"hey, don't bully, daniel."

"i love you, jungwon."

"ew, don't hug me."

"can y'all shut up? i'm trying to explain the night hike."

"yes sir, heeseung."

"so the goal of this camp is to find part of the meanings of happiness, teamwork, reliability, and friendship. the upcoming night hike in less than two hours will be similar to a scavenger hunt. there's fifty something egg things and in order to get them we have to do some missions. our performance in finishing the mission determines how many eggs we get."

"who named us eggies? or rather, called mr. bang an egg?" i question the eleven other boys in the room.

"byun euijoo."

"remind me that i need to go to his cabin and whack him at 3 am in the morning."

"bring me with you, jake." geonu adds. we exchange smiles.

"enough with the complaints, let's focus on the night hike."

"hyung, in two hours it'll be midnight, why are we going on a night hike at 12 am in the morning?" daniel asks. i, too, would like daniel kim's kneecaps.

"daniel and i need our sleep." jungwon adds on. the two of them together are so adorable, it makes me go uwu. i'm only two years older than daniel, i can't believe i'm telling myself i'm old. jungwon is in need of kneecaps, though...

jake shim, stop focusing on the topic of kneecaps, you're supposed to be preparing for the hike. look at heeseung explaining the word hiking to us. don't look at his legs or i'll be jealous. hmm... i'm already jealous.

"the instructions given to me is that we all have to go, participation is crucial, but for the younger ones like you two, you get two extra hours of sleep."

"that's cruel."

"the only cruel thing is your face."

"let's not get too deep, shall we?"

"look, there's a fat squirrel."

"guys! please!" heeseung groans. i pity the poor hyung, he was just trying to do his duty as a team leader. too bad he can't get extra credit points for his grade. so in the end, heeseung explains to us the night hike...

... during the night hike.

"heeseung, tell us why you didn't tell us all the facts while we were at the cabin?" k asks.

the ground was illuminated of artificial lights from our flashlights at least 5 meters in diameter. we were all freaking out at one point whether it be a jump scare or not.

"i was trying to, but you all kept interrupting me no matter how many times i told you all to shut up." someone screams on the other side of the endless amount of trees.

"how do we know we're going the right way, hyung?"

"the counselors had already set up the pathways with lights and a map, don't worry, i know where i'm going..." i swear i heard heeseung say "i think" right after.

"hyung, i'm scared..." jungwon mumbles.

"here, hold my hand." jungwon practically clings onto heeseung's arm for dear life.

"okay everyone, we've arrived at the first station." heeseung announces.

in front of us, there was a blue light ahead, the color being different than the yellow lights of the pathway we were walking. there was a random chair in the middle of nowhere, blue lights flashing around it like it was a seat of... nothing. nothing? wait, are my eyes working correctly?

the bushes around us began to shake. was i scared? most definitely yes, i grabbed the closest hand and squeezed it. i'm pretty sure i blocked that person's veins, or however you're supposed to say it like i stopped his blood and his hand was cold and sweaty.

do i make sense? of course, not, my brain hasn't been functioning well these couple of days. i sigh.

oh, those memories when i was freaking out over trying to solve some extremely complex files and clues and putting them all together like a detective... i still haven't solved them yet, mr. bang must be disappointed in my idiocy of clown work.

suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder and something began to crawl up my neck. i screamed, practically forcing my own team to scream as well.

"is everyone okay?" heeseung shouts. we were all practically whimpering like dogs and puppies.

dogs and puppies? woof woof, meow, moo, quack. i swear i'm not a furry-

"you guys made it, congrats!" the chair in front of us was now occupied by a young man not much older than us. he sat on the seat, relaxed, his arms on the armrests of the chair itself.

"yeonjun hyung?" jay calls out.

"sounds like someone knows me." he combs his hair through with his fingers. lights from all around the area were starting to light up, the ground and trees visible through dimness.

"the game's simple." yeonjun begins. he waves his hand through the air like he was going to perform magic tricks in front of us. i wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly pulled out a bunny from his nonexistent magician's hat.

"half of you will be blindfolded and will be led by a partner in picking up your eggs. your partner cannot touch you, only guide you with words. if you step on an egg, you and your partner are out, but you still get to keep the eggs. you got a minute to pair up."

"uhm, jake?" someone whispers to me. i turn toward the noise.

"what do you want, sunghoon?"

he lifts his arm up, showing me some intertwined hands.

that's when i noticed whose hand i squeezed to death. my own palm gets squeezed. "you'll be my partner, yeah?" this sounds awfully familiar.

"no?"

"that means yes, okay, you're being blindfolded."

"what? wait, i never agreed to anything, and what makes you think you can order me around?"

"does it look like i care if you're older than me by a couple months?" sunghoon glares at me. him glaring at me is like your own pet dog wanting to eat you alive. and i wouldn't want my dog to eat me. take my words back, i still want to live.

"fine, fine, i'll be your partner."

i sigh.

.

A/N NOTE

lee geonu's muscular arms will be missed

EDIT: HOLY D UCK I REALLY SIMPED FOR LEE GEONU THIS IS EMBARRASSING