030

"w-what do you m-mean

"w-what do you m-mean... doctor?" i ask the man dressed in the long white coat.

"sunoo has very little chance of living. he is currently in a coma."

"o-oh... t-thank you, doctor."

"you boys should call your parents to take you all home." the doctor and the rest of his subordinates walk away from us while jay, jungwon, and i all hug each other for a little while.

"parents... what do we tell sunoo's parents? jake's mom attempted to k-word him?" jay questions.

"that's not a good idea, hyung..." jungwon exclaims. we all agree to visit sunghoon after i finish gettin treatment for my injuries. at the end, i end up with a fractured arm and a few stitches for my head. i can't imagine what pain sunoo and sunghoon feel if i just feel the bare minimum.

the room was filled with pain despite a cool breeze blowing in from the open window. there was nothing we could do, except glance at sunoo's unconscious pale body sleeping under white sheets. jay and jungwon fall asleep on the couch while i sat beside sunoo, feeling guilt over everything.

knock, knock.

i twist my head over to the door. i widen my eyes once the door opens. "ni-ki?"

"h-hello..."

"what are you doing here?"

"w-well... i..." he sniffs.

"why are you crying?"

"i-i... i was following sunoo hyung..."

"w-what did you see?" i freak out. ni-ki was too young. too young to actually witness anything that had just happened.

"e-everything... hyung..." he drops on the floor and covers his face with his hands.

"n-ni-ki! don't cry!"

"i-is... sunoo hyung... going to d-word?"

"no! he won't! he won't die..." or at least, i hoped. "everything will be okay, ni-ki." i help him off the floor and sat him down on another chair beside mine.

"are y-you okay, jake hyung? sunghoon, jay, and jungwon hyung, too?"

"yes, we're all okay, ni-ki, you don't need to worry about anything." i try my utmost best to comfort him.

we all just need a while for everything to settle down and head back to school... that was all we need.

but in the end, we couldn't do anything about it.

we lost him.

we lost kim sunoo.

.

a few months later.

.

"what do we do? what do we do? what do we do?" jay bothers me for the past hour while panicking. i had been mopping the floor for a solid hour.

"i swear to god, i'm going to whack that little buddy of yours with my mop." i threaten. he continues to bother me. "if you ever get a wife, i'll pity her because you won't be able to make a miniature you."

"bold of you to assume i even want a baby."

"either no babies or lose a kidney."

"or." i shove the mop and bucket of water into jay's hands.

"you're cleaning the rest of the floor, and it better look spotless. not a single piece of cactus thorn." i emphasize the last sentence.

i head over to the kitchen to see if jungwon succeeded in baking brownies. they were looking extra fluffy and crispy. "you're doing great, jungwon."

"thank you, jake hyung!" my smile gets wider. it hasn't been long since then. a bit lonely and quieter, but i've gotten used to it. i fix the living room where we were going to eat and play some video games for the night. the cameras were finally gone.

"everything ready, guys?" peace and quiet...

"ready!" and happiness.

the doorbell rings and i open the door with the biggest smile on my face.

it's been so long.

"did you miss me?"

"WELCOME BACK, LOSER." i yell at sunghoon before dragging him in.

park sunghoon was indeed alive. he had finally recovered after months of a hiatus. he was finally healed of all his injuries, and back in shape. he was still a bit skinny, but that's the point of today. it's time that we fill up his empty stomach.

hehe, junk food, here we come. nom nom.

"sunghoon hyung!" jungwon tackles sunghoon for a hug while jay waits patiently in the back for a nice hug. "i baked brownies for you!"

a great day passes into the late night. jay and jungwon fell asleep in our third movie of the night, and sunghoon and i cuddle on the sofa together. perfect. everything in the moment is just perfect. the movie ends a couple of minutes later with the credits scrolling up the screen automatically. the two of us get up from the sofa, stretching.

"should we just leave jay and jungwon on the sofa?"

"i'd love to, but i wouldn't want to be yelled at in the morning." i drag sunghoon over so he could pick up jay while i took jungwon over to the guest bedroom. did i ever mention jungwon was so light? he felt like a cloud: fluffy, squishy, soft, and everything in between.

"they look cute sleeping together." sunghoon coos, shaking me in front of him. i stop him.

"you'll be much cuter in my bed." he freezes while i chuckle. "i'm kidding, let's go." we proceeded to do our night routines consisting of brushing our teeth, skincare routines and punching each other with pillows. i'd love to do it every single night at 3am.

"it's been awhile since... we last slept together...?"

"camping."

"i-land."

"ah, memories." we sat on my bed together, beginning a new conversation.

"memories, indeed." a comfortable silence.

"sunghoon?"

"hm?"

"do you hate me?"

he chuckles. "why do you think that way?"

"well... you almost d-worded because of me..."

"jake..." he faces me directly. "you've brought me out of the shadows."

"what do you mean?"

"thank you for appearing in my life. if you hadn't, i would've fallen off the school rooftop on my own will. i had been undergoing depression, but when i first saw you at the doorway, you changed my life. you have no idea how much i love you, jake shim."

two words: i'm lost.

indeed, i am. i am very lost. dumbest human alive.

"c-could you... uh, maybe... say that in basic words?" he smiles at me and chuckles again. he leans in, closing the gap between the two of us, and kisses me.

my eyes widen. his soft lips were just against my own, nose fitting perfectly beside me. his eyes were closed, and his skin was literally glowing under the moonlight. i close my eyes.

after a couple of seconds, he pulls away, and looks at me passionately, a dust of pink covering his cheeks. no sneep sherlock, i feel extra dumb.

"thank you for existing."

"sunghoon..." my heart is making flips, twirls, somersaults, loopty-loops, and boom, an explosion. "alright, go to sleep, loser." i mutter, hiding under the covers facing away from sunghoon. he goes under the sheets and hugs me from behind.

"goodnight, loser."