021

"thank you, ms

"thank you, ms. lee." i thank jay's housekeeper maid who had just finished bandaging up my wrist and head upstairs to jay's room where we usually talk.

just as i was going to open jay's room, i heard a bit of muffled talking. it seemed to me that jay was conversing with someone, maybe on the phone. "you can just sleep there for tonight."

i knock and jay suddenly stops talking. there were tons of shuffling and small movements going on inside. maybe jay needs to adjust some things inside his room, but it's not like he actually cleans up... is he cleaning up for the first time? i finally open the door and close it behind me. jay was lying on his bed like a dead person, hands over his stomach and eyes closed.

"were you talking to someone on the phone?" i ask.

"y-yeah, it was my... ex."

"oh." it's usually never awkward in the room, but it is now. the last time awkwardness ever existed in jay's room was when i first came. "so... i'll be sleeping in your guest room."

"y-yeah." jay mutters softly. "but... why exactly are you sleeping here?" i am not clownally prepared for this moment. i must serve myself some snacks.

"my dumb friend, this will be... a long and interesting story..." my eyes wander around his messy room. i spot something familiar. "hey, this is my hat." i walk over to his nightstand and grab the headpiece, wondering how the heck did it teleport.

"uhhhh, i think you're mistaken for a different hat, i have tons of hats." jay coughs and picks up his phone that was ringing off crazily of notifications.

"did you lose your taste for bucket hats? at least an eighth of your walk-in closet is filled with bucket hats." i continue to analyze the hat. let's take a sniff.

"m-maybe."

"this smells like australia."

"my dad sent it to me from australia, you know how he's a businessman and is sending me a bunch of merchandise from all around the world."

"hm..." i carefully place the hat back down. "alright, so i did say it was a long story..." i trail off my words, looking around his messy room again. the light in his walk-in closet was on. "i'll go get some snacks downstairs. also, you should turn off the lights in the closet." i point at jay's closet before leaving the room downstairs.

"snacks..." i scan the room filled of snacks in every corner. yes, jay has a room designed especially for snacks. this could be the only place i could thrive in. it's way bigger than a kitchen and pantry combined.

the door bells rings, i race over to the door, and receive a package from the delivery man. when i turn back around to back inside, i trip and fall, the box flying out of my hands and onto the floor.

welp, the items in the box can say goodbye to its "fragile, please handle with care" life.

other than the box, how the heck did i trip? i swear i left my shoes on the side. "aren't these sunghoon's shoes?" i crouch on the floor, examining a semi beat-up pair of white sneakers. well, they could be jay's shoes since he also has a whole shelf of shoes on the wall. shoes can't just fall out of the sky, can they?