019

am i alive?

am i alive?

i think i'm alive.

why is it kind of dark?

where am i?

is this the entrance of hell?

hell shouldn't be feeling soft, though...

"ah, jake, you're awake!" a female voice speaks up. i adjust to the dim lighting present in the room. in front of me was a woman sitting on a small chair. at least i'm being treated well despite being kidnapped. maybe i should get kidnapped more often.

"who are you?" i question, slowly getting up from the bed and being cautious of my surroundings.

"aw, i'm disappointed. you don't recognize your own mother?" what?

"you're the one who kidnapped me, mom?" my groggy voice from earlier nearly dilated to a shriek. "if you wanted to meet up with me, then you could've just called!" i raise my voice at her. she furrows her eyebrows with an odd expression.

"either way, you wouldn't have wanted to meet up with me anyway, would you?"

"i thought i was going to die!"

"i thought you always wanted to die, along with your obsession of toe fungus and kneecaps."

"i-"

"you're moving schools again. i think busan is a good place to reside around next week. i think your personality could use a little enhancement over there."

"mom!"

"don't 'mom' me like that. you aren't too close with your peers, are you?" i stay quiet. "actually, busan isn't that good of a place. you're moving to incheon, just a couple miles away from here."

"what did i even do wrong? i did everything you asked of me." i mutter incoherently. i think i should dig my grave deeper than the pacific ocean.

"so, who's that boy you hang out with? i believe his name is park sunghoon?" i freeze. how does she know? i nervously glanced at her. she has a weird grin.

"he's just a friend."

"just a friend?" she echoes off right after i finish the sentence.

i felt my ears flare up. how do i even cover this up? "you do remember my expectations for you, don't you?" i look away and find a dead cockroach in the corner quite interesting. "you, my son, will be inheriting your father's company in a few years. don't you dare lie to me that you're just friends with some figure skating idiot coming from an ex-poor family."

sunghoon? figure skating? poor? "how-"

"you know every reason why you moved schools, it's your fault, and yours only. because of your carelessness, i had to clean them up for you so there was nothing left behind."