026

"because of me, sunghoon wouldn't be in danger right now

"because of me, sunghoon wouldn't be in danger right now."

"hyung, what do you mean?" jungwon continuously pulls on my sleeve. i stare at jay, and he looks at me. how do i tell jungwon and sunoo?

"you explain to sunoo, i'll talk to jungwon about it." jay takes jungwon with him to a different room. i see sunoo sitting by the table of various pictures eating his macarons.

i plop down on my chair, sighing very loudly. "so what do you mean sunghoon's in danger? is he going to die of some medical problem?"

"as much as i'd like to say that's a possibility, it's not."

"then what?"

"sunghoon might die because of me, but not only that, you and everyone else might die as well." that sounds like a good explanation, right?

"wait, wait." sunoo swallows a macaron and places his fork down. "what do you mean i might die?"

"the reason sunghoon might die is because i like him, and if i-"

"hey, i like him, too." wait, what...? "if sunghoon is going to die because of you, shouldn't you just leave him alone so he can live in peace? if you never moved and listened to your parents, he wouldn't be in this situation, you know."

"wait..." i stand up. "how do you know this involves my parents?" he stands up and throws me a random spoon. i manage to catch it.

"i don't know, how do i know?" he grabs his fork from his plate of macarons and jumps over the table trying to stab me with them. on impulse, i block his attack with the spoon he gave me.

i can't believe i'm having a utensil fight.

all for one, and one for all, mates.

"what are you doing? this isn't like you, sunoo."

"if you hadn't moved, i would've been with sunghoon." my phone began to ring and sunoo kept attacking me with his fork while i defended myself with my spoon.

"sunoo, snap out of it, if you want to see sunghoon, you should at least save him!"

"i don't need to." he continues to advance on me. i trip on a fake cactus and i curse, my back hitting the floor on painful impact. sunoo was on top of me, dropping his fork at the last moment and decided to wrap his hands around my throat.

"your mom hates you and said she would grant me anything i'd want if i killed you." he whispers.

"sunoo! what are you doing? get off him!" i hear jay yell from behind.

"sunoo hyung!" jungwon screams in tiny. so many events are happening all at once: sunoo is about to become a murderer, sunghoon is not okay, and i'm in the middle of having a seizure over jungwon's angelic voice.

"jungwon, look away." i began to gasp for air while trying to shove sunoo off me. jay tackles sunoo off me and held him. i wheeze. death before my eyes. i take back every single word i say when i said 'i wanted to die'. i could never die. never ever. death is a no no. a big no no.

"h-hyung!" jungwon rushes over to me, hugging me tightly. "w-what's wrong with you, sunoo hyung?" he yells at the so-called sunshine boy.

"are you crazy? what did he do to you that you wanted to k-word him?" jay scolds. sunoo looks somewhere else, pure guilt written on his face, but his hatred for me still radiated on him like fumes of a forest fire. i was in shock.

"i don't know what's your reason to try to k-word him, but if you did by now, everyone would hate you whether you stay or leave." jay continues. it was a painful silence consisting of sunoo's guilt, my experience of almost d-wording, and time ticking down to sunghoon's death.

"i... i thought... we were friends... sunoo hyung!" jungwon speaks up. something about his voice made me look at him.

"ack- jungwon don't cry!" i console him by wiping the tears that were beginning to form.

"look what you did, sunoo." jay whacks the macaron-loving male.

"hey!"

"don't 'hey' me, you deserved that, jake went through more pain than anyone else, shut up." to be honest, i didn't think jay would say that. at all. i've always thought jay was the spoiled rich kid, but i guess i was very wrong. jay has such a caring heart even if he's the world's most idiotic idiot.

jay is that friend, that friend that would stay with you until the very end. he deserves the entire world. he would be there at 3am in the morning to listen to ranting, he would say 'great job today' even if the day was bad, and he would always put a smile on everyone's faces. jay is that friend to go up to for comfort, for a boring day, for anything. jay is someone that i could admire.

the atmosphere in the room was worse than ever, now that jungwon was in sad hours. sunoo still stood there, speechless and standing still like a statue right in front of my cactus collection.

"we don't have much time left, jake." jay exclaims. he checks his watch in a hurry. "i think we're going to have to pull an all-nighter." he looks at jungwon who had somehow managed to fall asleep in my arms. "with an exception of a babie."

"i'll tuck him in my bed." i suggest. "you should do something about... him." i point over to sunoo. jay nods and i pick up jungwon to take him to my room. why is he so light?

i tuck jungwon's small figure under the sheets, sit down on the edge of the bed, and move a couple of hair strands sitting on his face. he's so adorable. stay still my heart. it's just cuteness overload from a boy that radiates tiny. what a boopable nose. more uwus in the presence of jungwon, please.

i get up and proceed to walk, but something grabs the tips of my fingers delicately. i slightly jump and glance back. "jake hyung, don't go." jungwon mumbles.

"you're not sleeping?" his eyes were open. i rub my own in case i'm imaging things. it's real, yang jungwon is awake. why is he awake?

"i did, but i'm awake now."

"you should go back to sleep."

"why?"

"because you need sleep."

"you need sleep, too." this boy, i-

"you need more."

"where are you going to sleep?"

"well-"

"how about jay hyung and sunoo hyung?"

"those two duckers can sleep on the streets tonight and suffe- look, that's not the point, you need to go to sleep. you're like my baby cousin stuck in the body of a rebel teenager."

"hyung?"

"y-yes?"

"i like you, hyung."

.

A/N: 🥴 a 🥴 love 🥴 pentagon 🥴 what's 🥴 next 🥴