020

A/N: proceed with caution

.

three hours ago.

.

"who the fluff is banging on my door, i swear i'm going to chok-" i hear jay behind the door of his house before he opens the door for me. "oh, hi sungh-"

"jay, i fluffed up."

"what happened, idiot?"

"my existence nearing its end." jay closes the door once i walk in and takes off my shoes in the asian household. we're quite close, and i would physically walk to jay's enormous house almost every day just to take a nap on his bed.

i run up the stairs and attack his bed like usual, setting jake's red hat aside on a nearby nightstand. i had took a two-hour power nap, and once i woke up i scream into jay's pillow, the horrific sounds of my voice being blocked off by the soft cushion.

"are you okay? you look like you just made one of the biggest mistakes in your life, excluding the time you fell into jungwon's swimming p- is this hat yours?" jay appears in front of me. he was probably "studying" at his table.

"why exactly did i agree to sign the 'friend' contract we made?" i groan into the bed pillow again before flipping over to see the bedroom's ceiling. "it's jake's hat."

"ooh, how'd it go with the shopping date?" jay lies down next to me.

"i got myself carried away and i believe he gay panicked."

"and this is why we're gay."

"just because i dated you in eighth grade doesn't mean i'm gay. plenty of things happened in the span of two years, you loser."

"anyway, are you really sure he likes you?"

"i trust my instincts better than your trust for heeseung's test answers."

"stop exposing me." i chuckle and sigh. yes, plenty of things happened in the span of two years. two years ago was something different than now. "anything going on with your family?"

"the usual, me not acting like a man, and crying myself to sleep every night because my mom literally wanted to disown me. i feel guilty for letting myself loose because now i can't even see how my little sister is doing, nor even do any ice skating anymore. it was a harsh past, i was my mom's pride in everything, doing well in school, on the verge of being one of the top male skaters in south korea, and bringing my family to fame, but i malfunctioned suddenly and my world went crashing down... and yeah, you know the rest, jay." i vented. "you came into my life, making the first moves on me, and... bruh, why didn't i think of this earlier? you're the one who ruined my life basically. this is why i'm like this now."

"but you're lucky i'm paying for your living, i still have your back." jay park. an idiot who was gay for me at first sight in eighth grade. jay was... a different breed of human i could say.

he practically converted me to a bisexual dude, ruined my career of ice skating, and ruined my relationship with my parents because hey, they don't support me. i sigh, but because jay is that one really nice guy, he decided to repay me back with everything i needed, other than the fact he couldn't bring my family back to me. now? he's serving me well, and is assisting my attempts in dating jake shim, whom i fell for at first sight.

many things are unclear, but i literally don't care.

"yes, i'm lucky, and you're lucky that i haven't choked you to death yet."

"bold of you to assume you have a good mentality to choke me, now tell me what happened between you and jake."

"well, i did say i got carried away... i side hugged him in the store because for some reason my mom came into my thoughts and i needed a hug. i was going to buy some bread, but i kind of forgot? yeah, and so i used the classic whipped cream pick-up line. jake was blushing. and i'm pretty sure he's whipped for me because the cashier asked for my number and jake blurts out that i was taken."

"at this point, you don't need my help, sunghoon. this is a korean drama worth watching. there's not that many bl k-dramas, and we might as well just make- oh my goodness, i have an idea for our upcoming drama movie thing for our egg class." jay sits up and smacks my arm.

"bro, what was that for?"

"we could shoot a real-life k-drama of you and jake. we don't need to make up anything for that virtue class, we have a whole story in front of us."

"what? no way in hell, we're not even sure if he likes me."

"what if i told you i've been filming you and jake for quite a while now?"

"YOU WHAT?"

"filming for the drama."

"WITHOUT OUR CONSENT?"

"the two of you would have still said yes."

"jay, what's the point of you acting surprised when you already started a long time ago?"

"uhhh... so you wouldn't get mad at me...?" i punch jay hard and he flops out of his bed like a fish in need of air. instead, jay is just wiggling on the floor, holding his pain in. "so sunghoon, what else happened between you and jake?"

"uh- jake kind of kept quiet and i was going to bring him over here, but i found this interesting bench and decided to take a break..." i could intensely feel my cheeks burning. "and... that's where i sort of kissed jake? he ran off home, though."

"what do you mean 'sort of'?"

"w-well, i booped his nose with mine and kissed it."

"and he ran off?"

"uh, he gay panicked, then ran off."

"he's whipped. i can smell it."

"how do you smell a person's feelings?"

"i don't know." jay stands up and pulls out his phone. "we should tell jake about the drama." it was quiet while the three of us camped on our lousy group chat jake thought of until jay's phone started ringing.

"how many times do i have to tell you to change your pen pineapple apple pen ringtone?"

"shut up, it's still a superior song... it's jake." jay puts his phone on speaker while i stay extra quiet. why're you calling?" he asks on the other end of the line.

"can i stay at your house tonight?" his voice seemed a little out of tune. like tired? yeah, sounds about right, jake is tired.

"uh, sure, i guess." he pauses and looks at me. "wait, why?"

"open the door first, i'll tell you when i get in." almost instantly, the doorbell explodes.

"you should hide in my closet." jay advises me. i nod and the two of us split, jay walking out the door while i enter his huge walk-in closet of expensive clothes and closing it well.

within a couple of minutes of waiting, i hear footsteps inside jay's room.

jake's here.

.

A/N: if this chapter affects you in any form of discomfort, i sincerely apologize.