014

i screamed, whacked the clown with my bare hands, and screamed even more now that my hands were contaminated with clown germs

i screamed, whacked the clown with my bare hands, and screamed even more now that my hands were contaminated with clown germs. sunghoon and jay turned around as well and they scream, causing everyone else to scream. a chain reaction of screams. excluding nicholas wang.

;-; he once said.

the clown gets back up again and continues to do the weird maniacal laughter, consisting of more "heehees" and new "hahas". the clown begins to advance on us, bringing out a couple eggs from his bag, as well as having a plastic spoon for a weapon. to be honest, it was sad the clown didn't have a slingshot, it would have been so much cooler to reenact a scene from angry birds.

"hyung, hyung, hyung, what the hell do i do with this clown?" i panic and grab heeseung's flashlight, temporarily blinding the clown with the tool.

"jay actually fainted, guys!"

sunoo screeches an octave higher than my own scream, earraping me in the process while daniel proceeds to tug me back with the rest of our group. "yeonjun hyung, can't you do something about this?" no response. "yeonjun?" nothing.

"i-i'm here! i'm here! u-uh, h-hi mr. clown! uh... are you kang taehyun by any chance...?" the clown had stopped moving and put his arms down like the clown was confused. a scary silence had appeared, the only thing present in the very moment was eye contact. yes, eye contact with a clown that wanted to whack me with eggs and a plastic spoon. is this how i'll die?

"hee, hee..." the masculine voice continues for the umpteenth time. the clown raises his arms again and continues to advance while our group continues to back up, not knowing what was behind us, as well. heeseung screams and there a loud whack of an object hitting something is apprehended.

"i swear, beomgyu, is that you?"

"hee, hee, hee..." the clown chuckles and stops walking up to us. suddenly, the clown jumps and grabs me. i scream and attempt to get out of the clown's grip, only feeling weak and about to cry. i'm being kidnapped by a clown. i'm being kidnapped by a clown! will my kneecaps be chopped off? no, no, please don't let that happen, i'm not ready to die yet, i didn't even say goodbye to my cactus collection that's probably dead from all the water i fed it before i left...

"wait! d-don't take him! take me!" sunghoon?

"n-no! don't take him! i taste better than them-" jungwon?

"don't take any of them, let me teach you how to salsa!" WHAT THE DUCK SUNOO.

"sunoo hyung, no!" i hear ni-ki scream out.

"NOT MY CHILDREN." when was i a child to you, lee heeseung?

the clown stops dragging me away from my only group of friends i could ever trust. "w-wait! d-don't take any of them! t-take jay, he's already dead-"

"you're right, w-we sacrifice jay park as tribute!" while the clown was still distracted, i elbowed the clown with all my strength and threw my body into my friends, trusting that they'll catch me. for a moment i black out, the hurling putting a bit damage to my side.

what felt like seconds, i open my eyes slowly, everything foggy and dark. it was warm. "are you okay?" a male asks.

"am i in heaven?" i reply. what a beautiful angel. i caress the guy's cheek, the skin incredibly soft like a baby's. "why are you making me jealous? i want a pretty face, too." i mutter, my eyes slowly closing again. i was tired with multiple headaches pounding against my brain.

"w-what? jake, get a grip of yourself!"

"a pretty voice, too..." and everything before me became black again...

"jake hyung! wake up!" an alarm attacks my ears, and i grip them tightly to try to block out the noise. "hyung! hyung! hyung!" the voice got louder and louder. i get up and sit on my bed groggily. i was in the period of squinting, i'm sure my face must be extra puffy.

"jakey~"

"s-sunghoon? w-what... what are you doing?" i was suddenly pulled back into my bed and into the arms of someone else. "sunghoon?"

"don't leave me~"

"h-huh?" the taller boy was nuzzling my neck. we were cuddling. "s-sunghoon...?"

"let's just stay like this, yeah?" he lifts his head, our foreheads touching each other.

thump, thump, thump...

his nose barely touched mine, and his eyes closed all the way. my eyelids were in the process of fluttering back to the darkness. "jake..." sunghoon whispers. he opens his eyes. i could see a universe of stars in them, so pretty in those chocolate irises. he inched closer to me, his breath on my lips. the lids couldn't hold it anymore, they closed, my world back to darkness.

"i think i-"

"JAKE HYUNG!" i scream my lungs out. my surroundings were dimly lit like it was still night. wait, night? it's not the morning? "hyung, are you okay?"

"w-what happened? w-where's sunghoon?"

"sunghoon isn't here, did you have a dream?" jungwon gave me a bottle of water. a dream? i looked around, there were trees and bushes and more trees and bushes and is that a cactus? a cactus and more trees and a sleeping jay beside me?

"oh, you're awake, jake! we're at the last station of the night hike. you should thank sunghoon for carrying you the entire time." heeseung appears from behind me.

"where's sunghoon?" i ask him.

"he's in the middle of parrticipating in the mission. are you okay?"

"y-yeah..." i assure.

"the clown was one of yeonjun's friends, the counselors, it wasn't some rapist trying to kidnap you, you're fine." thank goodness, i thought my cactuses would never see the daylights ever again-

i get up, noticing that daniel's knees served as my makeshift pillow, i thank daniel for the kind sacrifice. it was better having my head clean than having ants crawl all over my hands.

"can you walk? i can carry you, you seem to be very traumatized..."

"i'm fine, jungwon, thank you for worrying about me." i'm not fine. after what had just happened, i don't think i can approach a human properly ever again, especially one named park sunghoon. do i need to rewrite another will? i don't have anything else to give to sunghoon other than my grave.

"heeseung hyung! we did it- oh jake hyung you're awake!" niki greets me with a smile. he was locking arms with sunoo who seemed a bit bitter when we locked eyes. maybe he doesn't like my existence? that's alright, tons of people hate me! i shall blame my parental mother unit for all the not-very good deeds she's done for me. i sigh.

parents bragging to their friends about their children is one of the worse pains one could ever experience aside from no love and abusement. love and abusement... why were these created? i wish they could burn and thrown away from the earth...

"we should hurry back to the pavilion, heeseung... oh, jake you're awake..." sunghoon appears behind sunoo. he looks away before i could even say anything.

"y-yeah... i'm alive, healthy and not thinking about taking your kneecaps since we met-" HFSKJDHSDLKFJ NO-

"are you sure you're okay? did you hit your head when you threw yourself into sunghoon?"

"no, i'm definitely okay. very okay. accurately 100% okay in terms of living. yes, yes, we love living. what makes you think i'm not okay? i'm more than okay to not live, yes, yes."

"alright then, if you aren't feeling okay, you can ask jungwon to carry you."

"s-sure thing, heeseung..." i reassure before he accepts and leads the team back to the pavilion.

i am most definitely not okay.

.

A/N NOTE

🤡 heehee