005

pure black

pure black. pitch black. nothing but black. black here, black there, black everywhere. but, it was a scary black. i'm in the dark with a jerk that i don't trust. i'm hoping that sunghoon won't shove me to the floor if we get a jump-scare attack.

"alright, the last pair, please come get your eggs." i hear from far away.

then, the same husky voice comes in close contact with my right ear, a warmth hitting the skin abruptly. i shiver. "go, until i say stop."

i begin to walk steadily, not too fast, and not too slow. i'm walking at my own pace that seems steady enough for walking. why is walking so hard?

"stop." i stop. "get on your knees." i obey his command.

right in my hands, i feel the round surface of the egg and plop it into the bag i had received. that was pretty much, a bunch of directional commands, and repeat. eventually, i don't get any more instructions from sunghoon, everything became quiet.

"GET ON YOUR KNEES AND DON'T DO ANYTHING." sunghoon suddenly screeches in my ear.

i've been ear-raped multiple times in my life, but not as loud and threatening as what had just happened. like said, there was only darkness. i drop on the floor feeling an egg brush against my thumb. a sudden weight was put over my back, like i was a column supporting a temple. i will never hit a pillar in my life ever again.

masculine screams were shouting at me in every direction, and for a moment i just needed to adjust to the sounds coming at me all at once. oh, my poor ears, i hope they're okay.

"jake and sunghoon have incredible teamwork, great job guys." someone pulls me off the ground from under my waist and delicately pulls the blindfold off.

"you did great, jake hyung." h-h-hyung...?

in front of my eyes was park sunghoon. he had a bright smile, so bright i thought he could be a star. heh, me and my high expectations. he brushes his hair out of his eyes and smiles even wider. i want to touch and play around with his hair, it looks like the softest, most fluffiest ball of fluff i have ever seen.

"y-yeah, thanks."

"cute."

"cute? i am not cute."

"you're pouting, that's cute."

"o-oh..."

"you guys received 23 eggs, y'all did so much better than my team when we participated." yeonjun groans. "so much for teamwork." i can hear the pain of his past. the man has gone through hardships and hardwork of dealing with multiple crackheads. oh, how that could be me soon, hoping that i don't get transferred to a different school again...

"anyway, you guys have fun for the rest of the night, on to the next station now."

the twelve of us wave yeonjun and his buddies goodbye. we had to wait a little longer because yeonjun wanted to talk to daniel about something important. was it important? based on what i saw, yeonjun and his buddies comparing their heights, hands measuring over heads, and whatnot.