022

snacks

snacks. a snack here. a snack there. snacks under the room's wood flooring. snacks hanging on the ceiling... a snack in front of me. "uh, isn't the pantry quite special?"

i try my utmost best to avoid sunghoon. his arms were crossed and he was leaning back on a shelf filled with an assortment of instant ramen baggies and cups.

"yeah, but not quite special as you."

"ahaha, very funny. i'll be taking my lea-"

"you're not going anywhere."

"d-don't act like you're older than me and trying to do some weird things like trying to take my kneecaps." i've done it again. my grave should be in the core of the earth.

"i'd let you go after you tell me what you told jay." sTOP SMIRKING ACK-

"f-fine." ghost that haunts jay, please save me.

"i'm waiting."

"s-shut up." i could feel my ears smoking on fire again. "i-i like you, okay?" i attempt to walk out of the room, only for sunghoon to grab hold of my hand and pin me on a shelf of assorted chocolates. i'm going to get a heart attack at this rate. literally. an internal attack of my heart.

sunghoon chuckles. his chuckles are really starting to grow on me like a plague. are his chuckles the next toe fungus and kneecaps? IS THIS THE END OF MY KNEECAPS PHASE?

"where are you going? we're not done yet."

"y-you said you'd l-let me go after i t-tell you what i told j-jay..."

"if you like me, then we should date."

"w-w-we should w-what? d-d-date?"

"we should date." i-i can't... i don't want to risk losing you.

"w-why is that?" i'm practically whispering at this point as well as trying to avoid sunghoon.

"because i like you, too."

"uh..." sunghoon places his index finger under my chin and lifts my head to face him. i still don't look at him. maybe his moles on his face. they're so cute and pokeable up close. i could kiss them every day if i dated sunghoon... snap out of it, jake.

"why are you shy? don't be shy."

"i-i'm not shy!" i snap at him. i realize what i just did and look away again. he leans in and plants a small kiss on my cheek.

don't touch me. i'm soft.

he pulls away and looks at me with soft eyes. his skin was glowing, i want his skincare. for a moment, everything was a dash of time. i hadn't realized what i did.

"j-jake?"

"i-i'm sorry!" i quickly and delicately removed his arms off the shelf that was trapping me between the food and him, and run out the door, quickly grabbing my supplies for the night and keep myself in the guest bedroom.

it was visible. in myself, out myself, the atmosphere, maybe the entire house, and maybe as far as the sky. i was a blushing wreck. i sat on the guest bed with my knees close to my chest. my arms hugged them tightly as my face was buried under my arms. the window was open, a light breeze making the room quite cold, but i was burning inside.

i kissed him on the lips!

the only thoughts drifting in my head was sunghoon and my mom's threats to murder him. what do i do? i'm losing my mind, or maybe losing my mind is a natural thing. my sanity is revolving between the two and i can't seem to figure out what i should do.

someone knocks on the door a couple of times. "knock, knock."

"who's there?" i mumble loud enough for the person behind the other side. there was a pause.

"when, where?"

"when, where, who?"

"tomorrow after school at the nearby skating rink with me." i pause this time.

"who is this?" there was no answer after. i figure it's sunghoon, being the one who's an ice skater and all. i could be totally wrong and it could be jay wanting to go somewhere someplace for no particular reason in mind. can't wait to see jay fall as soon as he steps onto the ice.

i gave up in waiting for the response, and in thinking about how i could potentially save sunghoon. i don't think i have to worry so much for jay, he's looks fine on his own. quite fine i must say. i grab my phone and call jay, being too lazy to get out to walk up some stairs and into his room.

"did you need something?"

"you're coming with me to get my school uniform from my apartment."

"why?"

"so i don't look suspicious." there was a pause on the other line. "hello?"

"i don't want to die." jay whispers in tiny.

"how many times do i have to tell you? you aren't going to die." he doesn't say anything. "i'll wake you up tomorrow and you're coming with me whether you like it or not."

"but-" whoops, i hung up. hehehe-

.

four am in the morning.

.

"this is where you live?"

"yep."

"i can't believe i slept for two hours to wake up at 3:30 in the morning, wake you up with me, literally having to drag you out of bed, have someone drive us to your apartment, and wait outside for you in the cold just so you can put on your school uniform and grab your stuff. we still have a little less than four hours before class starts. the sun hasn't even risen yet."

"well, what do you wanna do? jaywalk the streets?"

"stop using my name as a pun."

"it's not my fault your name is an english word."

"mr. australian, you name used to mean 'all right' in americano."

"being all right is better than jaywalking and trying to not die."

jay and i were walking down the street, arguing about the usual nonsense in our lives until jay accidentally bumps into a woman walking out of her house. "miss, are you okay? i apologize!" jay speaks to the lady who was massaging her shoulder. jay politely massages it for her.

"thank you, jay."

"your welcome ma'a- wait, how do you...?"

"mom?"

.

A/N: "UH, AND THAT'S A LONG ASS RIDE" (mark lee, nct u, the 7th sense, 2016).