032: epilogue

the curtains open again once more, revealing the silhouette of jake sim, his side facing the camera, and front looking at the moon and faint stars above him

"how are you doing?" he talks into the speaker.

"you don't have to worry." a feminine voice scoffs. he runs his free hand through his dark ebony hair again, just like how it had started in the beginning.

"i'll come by and visit you because i still love you, mom." from there, he ends the call just like that. a bright, and relaxed sigh escapes his lips.

"a beautiful night." he whispers.

the soft wind blows, moving his hair with the breeze, then...

.

the scene fades to black like before.

.

the scene opens up a much clearer view than before, showing a side view of park sunghoon sitting on a bed yawning, then looks at the clock on the wall.

the time was past midnight, and he realizes he's been staring out the window for quite a while.

he gets up from the bed, yawns again, and proceeds into the kitchen. he grabs a familiar water bottle from the fridge, drinking the cool liquid as he looks out the window in front of the sink.

after recycling the empty plastic bottle, he walks outside and joins jake on the balcony of their apartment.

"the stars are bright tonight." he whispers.

the camera showing their side view them zooms out, displaying the two males' side profiles, the stars, and slowly zooms in on the couple going in for a warm kiss.

.

the scene fades to black one last time...

.

and once more,
a scene of the two boys together,
looking out to the night sky.

.

you and i,
forever and always,
will be under the same sky.

.

thank you for staying with sky lights.

.

© 2020 straysky. all rights reserved.