006

"guys, it's time to wake up

"guys, it's time to wake up."

"everyone! it's time to wake up."

clap, clap, clap.

"why are you sleeping... naked?"

leave the deceased alone, jay.

i am hit in the face with a large object. large, but fluffy. "get up, grandpa."

"my limbs aren't working at its finest, sunghoon, go away." i mumble, flipping over to sleep on my stomach. he continues to whack my back with his pillow.

"ah, this room has all the babies, i can't wake them up." the door to our room opens revealing a wild jay with a ponytail. jay park in a ponytail. that's actually... wow, ponytail jay.

"good morning, sunghoon. wake up, jake!" jay calls out.

"he's on the move, wakey wakey jakey~" he called me jakey. jakey. jakey, i-

"i'm coming." a little drowsy, i get up, my eyes at the squint of sleepiness. i grab my cap off the small table near the bed to cover my messy bed hair, yawn once more, and slowly get out of bed, following behind a waddling park sunghoon.

he hides behind the bathroom door looking through the hinge cracks between the door and frame while i stretch my limbs after the night's sleep. i became more alert of my surroundings, the moonlight shining through the cracks of the curtains. i smile.

"the switch is over there." sunghoon whispers, pointing at a light switch that would turn off the lights in the bathroom. i turn it off with a smirk.

"AHH!!" jay screams. we were silently laughing, running into the living room with grins. "d-did the lights turn off by itself? did the g-ghost turn it off? no, no, that's not true." jay begins to stammer. he runs into the living room, grabs a weird stick thing with a plush animal on it, and starts attacking the air around him, like a dance ritual of exorcism.

i tried my best to contain my laughter, but i failed miserably. jay's face flushes a beet red as i walk back inside to do my morning routine. do i regret? nah, it's too hilarious to be regretted.

our cabin went out to the pavilion for breakfast. we avoided the abandoned bathrooms and ate a balanced meal of rice, vegetables, and meat that the counselors organized as early as 3 in the morning. i was sandwiched in between jay and sunghoon.

"s-sunghoon hyung..." someone speaks softly. "sunghoon..." i blank out for a moment. "ah, i'm sorry..." i shove a huge spoonful of rice into my mouth hoping i don't choke.

"ahaha..." sunghoon replies. i start choking and coughing more than i thought i would.

"are you okay, jake?" jay asks. i whack his back, and point at myself, continuing to die.

"you want me to do cpr? mouth-to-mouth action?" jay answers. no reply, just chokes. "why are you blushing a blue color?" jay questions. this man is not a civilized human.

"you idiot, he needs air." sunghoon stands and starts whacking my back like a grandma. oh, those times when my mom always slaps me... i begin tearing up.

i manage to drink a cup water, the clear liquid able to stream down my throat and allowing the undigested food to go down in the process. i sit back down, a little better, but not the best.

"jay, you watched youtube videos of massaging and japanese lessons, but you don't know what the heck are the symptoms of choking? you're amazing." sunghoon groans.

"he was clearly choking, i was asking what he wanted me to do first."

"you don't ask a person what to do when they're on the brink of death, you just gotta react right away." i mumble. i plainly look down at my food, nobody else.

"so would you want me to start doing cpr in the middle of nowhere?"

"no, you dummy! cpr is when he's not breathing!"

"hey guys, the counselors asked me to choose someone to clean the cabin's dishes, would anyone like to pay tribute?" heeseung comes back to the table, sitting next to jay.

"don't sacrifice jay, if he doesn't know how to save someone, he'll probably murder the bowls with chopsticks." i advise. i look at sunghoon. "i think sunghoon should do it."

"why me?"

"you look like a dishwasher."

"i vote for sunghoon, too." jay adds on. in the end, sunghoon gets picked, and the rest of the cabin stays at the table to prepare for another hiking trip up some mountains and hills. treacherous paths, unknown trees, anonymous plants and rocks. maybe even fungus. toe fungus.

"hey, jake, did you bring any snacks with you?" sunoo mumbles.

"i'm not in the mood for talking but yea, i'll bring some during the hike later." i'm not in the mood for talking to you, you have too much energy, it's draining my own.

"ah, okay... guys, i'm going to get some snacks from the kitchen, i'll be right back." sunoo gets up and leaves to the kitchen where sunghoon was also washing dishes.

"so, same as last time, the theme of this camp is happiness, teamwork, reliability, and friendship. we all need to work as a team in order to define these virtues, got that?" we all nod, and heeseung continues to explain more about the hike.

"shoot, i should've asked sunoo to grab some water, i'll be right back." jay stands up.

"wait, take me with you, i haven't been into the kitchen yet." i follow jay from behind.

we were in the kitchen, it was much bigger than i expected, around five sinks, tables, and cooking supplies were inside. four of the sinks were occupied, and one of them had a working sunghoon. "oh, there's sunghoon." jay points out. "sunoo's talking to him." i'm blind, where's the sink with two boys? oh, never mind, i found them. and i don't like what i'm seeing.

there was a twin tower of dirty bowls and dishes and a pile of spoons and chopsticks. i will never, ever, at all, wash an overfilled sink with that many items. i suddenly feel bad for nominating sunghoon. the two of us walk over to their sink quietly to see what they're up to.

"sunghoon, are you close to jake?"

"yes."

"you guys are close already?"

"jake is cute." he called me cute, i think i'm okay, but wait, are we close though? i'm still kind of mad that he ignored me when i asked for paper, forced me to be his running partner, called me short, and forced me to wake up. wait, why am i even keeping track of all his evil doings?

"i'm cuter."

"ahaha..."

.

A/N: i was clearly not in the right mind when i wrote this, WHAT WAS I THINKING sob