023

"your mom

"your mom."

jay takes a deep breath.

"YOUR MOM." jay repeats again. he glances back and forth between the woman and i, looking for the terrible resemblance of features and whatnot. he stops massaging the lady.

"i-i'm so sorry for bumping into you! i did not mean any harm! please don't hurt me or anything like murdering me or bonking my clown head-"

"jay, sweetie, it's okay." the woman assures him. quite suspicious for a mom who was a k-wording rampage. jay was on his knees literally asking for condolences.

"w-what are you doing here, m-mom?" i question her. it's been awhile, now that i see her a little better. i realize i'm taller than her now. i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"why, i wanted to check on you and how you're doing! you didn't come home last night, and i got quite worried... i see you're enjoying your time with your friend, jay."

"d-did you do a background check on him?" i pick up jay from off the ground still in his trance of "not dying" phase.

"it's very, very good that you're playing along well with a son of an overseas businessman. this is what i like to see." she smiles. it's that smile. i've seen it before. she won't kill jay. i could clearly see the affection in her eyes. i sigh of goodness.

"of course." i thank her. this is like the third time i actually thank her for something i'm grateful for. i've never grown up with her but with her grandparents. i really don't get how her grandparents could be vicious people to my mother when they treated me to literally everything when i was a kid.

she delicately grab jay's and my hand and pressed them together with hers. "i hope to work well with the two of you, especially you, jay."

"h-huh? s-sure thing, m-mrs. sim." jay stutters.

"you boys look great next to each other." jay and i exchange looks before looking back at my mom.

"excuse me?" jay beckons. my mom squeezes our hands.

"you two go along now, i'm sure you two are very busy getting up this early in the morning." she lets go of our hands and urges us to go along our way. she leaves, walking the opposite direction of us and enters the apartment across from where i currently live.

"what just happened?" jay shakes my arm.

"i have no idea." i tell him. my stomach growls in hunger. "let's stop by a nearby café." i begin to walk first and look behind to see if jay was following me. he was staring at his hand like my mom cursed it or something. or maybe he's still freaking out. "jay?"

he flinches. "oh yeah, i'm coming." he follows me while i try to find an open coffee shop. there was one pretty close to our school in a small venue on a busy street. there weren't many people inside, and it looked really cozy and warm. therefore, it's time that i drag jay in with me.