2

*LA is short for Language Arts which is the study of writing and reading and the grammar of your main language at school. For me it is called English since English is my first language. I don't know what you call the subject so I refer to it as LA.*

After class Jeno waited for Renjun outside the room. They had different classes next period but still wanted to walk together. 

Jeno put on some chapstick, popped his lips, and crossed his arms. When Renjun finally got out of class he smiled. Renjun was his best friend.

"Alright Jeno!" Renjun's hands were on the straps of his backpack. "Where off to next?"

Jeno dug through his bag for his schedule and finally found the crinkles up piece of paper. "Hmmm, I have language class." 

Renjun peered over his taller friend's shoulder at the paper. "Just regular LA? Not Honors?" 

Jeno shook his head. "Renjun, I'm not smart enough to be in Honors anything." He sighed heavily and the two boys turned to go.

They walked together down the crowded hallway, not knowing about the two others watching them go.

"Him?" Jaemin asked once Jeno had walked away. "The one with the deeper voice or the higher voice?"

"Deeper." Chenle confirmed. "The other one is Renjun, you know, class president Renjun?" 

Jaemin clucked his tongue. "Oh yes! Jeno though, I matched with him?" He groaned, still not believing the odds. "Anyone in the world and I got the jerk on the basketball team?"

Chenle shrugged. "I guess the odds weren't in your favor. But look on the bright side," he paused. "I mean think on the bright side." Jaemin smiled. "At least it's not Jisung."

"You know what's, that's right! At least it's not Jisung!" Jaemin tugged his backpack straps. "What is your next class?" 

"Um," Chenle dug through his pockets for his schedule and pulled out a ragged piece of paper. He unfolded it and read it. "LA."

"Honors?" 

"No."

"Same me too." Jaemin exhaled deeply. "Let's get moving then!" 

The two best friends navigated their way through the crowded hallway full of students chatting, scampering to classes, and yelling profanities. Chenle grabbed Jaemin's hand, both of the boys relying on each other to get through the sea of high school students.

"Are we there yet?" Jaemin asked Chenle, who was still squeezing past the bodies of other students. 

"Almost Jaemin." Chenle gritted his teeth and pushed past a bit much bigger than him to get to the language arts classroom door. "We're here now." 

Jaemin grabbed his backpack straps again and pushed open the classroom door. Chenle followed behind him. 

The class was jam packed with loud obnoxious students, sitting on desks, yelling at each other, and even a couple making out. "Ew...." Chenle grimaced and scrunched up his nose. 

"What?" Jaemin muttered unaware.

"Nothing, it's better you don't know....." the blonde trailed off.

The pair of friends took their seats, of course at the back of the class. Chenle pulled out his pencil and began to fiddle with it with Jaemin stared blankly into space. 

Jeno sat by himself. Renjun wasn't in this class and though Jeno was somewhat popular he preferred to be alone in the class he struggled with most. Language Arts. He almost always got low Ds in the class. He just couldn't seem to grasp the concept of everything which put him very much behind others his age. 

Jeno scrolled through Tiktok  under his desk. He watched intently until a certain dancer caught his eye. 

Kim Doyoung.

Jeno rolled his eyes at the boy. Doyoung was the biggest gossip at school. He spread everyone's secrets all over the internet once he found something juicy. He himself was rumored to be super rich and his parents were fashion designer icons who made pieces for the biggest names in music today. 

As Jeno watched the rich Korean boy dance he thought about his own secret. He prayed Doyoung wouldn't find out and spread it all over the school. 

Jeno had an account on a dating website. Pretty pathetic right? But he couldn't help it. He was gay and all he wanted was to fit in. He couldn't bring himself to ask out a girl so he decided to have a girl match with him. The only problem?

He matched with the blind boy. 

Na Jaemin. 

Na Jaemin had always peaked Jeno's interest. He was very well equipped to being blind for he did everything without extra help. He never wore glasses, showing off to the world his glassy eyes. He talked back sometimes, getting him into trouble but the quick comments in remark to a teacher always made Jeno giggle. 

Jeno watched him without shame occasionally for he couldn't see him staring. He was very handsome too. All the time he came back to school with a new color for hair, this season being blue. 

Jeno's favorite color was blue. 

"Class!" 

Once the teacher called order, Jeno quit daydreaming. He tried his very best to pay attention to Mr. Hwang but couldn't no matter how hard he tried. This would be a long year......

"Okay then, students! Please remember to pick up any library books and have a great day!" Mr. Hwang gestured to the door as soon as class ended. All the students packed their bags and left for lunch. Jeno shook his head wildly and concluded he must have daydreamed the entire class instead of actually listening....

Jeno fumbled to grab his things as he watched Jaemin's element figure stand up out of his desk. Jaemin's friend, Chenle, Jeno believed helped the boy up but Jaemin flinched him off. 

"Chenle I don't need help." Jaemin hissed at the blonde causing Jeno to smile. Cute. He thought. 

Renjun waited outside for him. Of course. He had done that every year since sixth grade. They always ate lunch with the rest of the basketball players. They sat in the middle of the quad, where everyone could see them. And the girls could sit with their boyfriends. Jeno sighed, thinking about his lack of a date. 

"Hey Lee." Renjun patted his friend on the back. 

"Huang." Jeno dipped his head. The two walked together to the lunch quad. The lunch quad. Jeno had no problem there because he was popular. Other people, he could imagine feared the lunch quad. (A/N lmao like myself) 

Renjun high fived a couple of the teammates and took his seat between Mark Lee, the team captain and Lee Donghyuck, a transgender student who was a fantastic player. She was better than Jeno! 

"What's up everyone?" Renjun asked, making conversation with the rowdy crew. 

Jeno didn't really listen to the replies though. He was too busy watching Jaemin and his friend play hand games under the old oak tree. Jaemin was miserably failing and Chenle was getting noticeably frustrated but Jaemin still grinned widely. 

Jeno sighed again and turned back to his lunch group. Soon he would work up the nerve to talk to Jaemin, the mysterious blind boy. 

Soon, he muttered. Very soon.