8

"I'd like to say I'm surprised Park, Jung, Kim." The principal's hands were folded professionally upon her desk top. "But this is what- like the fifth time you've been involved with a fight on school grounds?"

Jisung twiddled his thumbs while Doyoung glanced around the room, could care less. Jaehyun stared at his feet, looking quite dead inside.

"Respond when spoken to."

The three hooligans muttered responses of 'yeah' 'I guess' and 'fuck you.' The principal hadn't seemed to noticed. She turned to the other three students.

"Na, Lee, Zhong." She pursed her lips. "I'm on the contrary quite shocked at your behavior. Not one of you has had even one detention! What happened? It's your senior year boys!" She swiveled her attention to all six of them. "If you act out again, colleges won't want you. Do you want that?"

Jisung rolled his eyes, impatiently and Doyoung smirked. "I don't need to earn my way to college. My parents will pay for me to enroll."

The principal clapped her hands, as if to prove a point. "You boys cannot have that! You must earn your way to college. Kim, money isn't the most important thing in this life." 

Doyoung smirked, the rich bitch energy radiating off him. 

The principal sighed, eyes darting around to look at the six boys involved in the fight. She had to punish them, no matter if they were good kids or not.

"Okay," the principal grabbed a pencil and a notepad. "Jung Jaehyun, Kim Doyoung. You're suspended for a week." Jeno's eyes widened at the punishment's extent, scared for himself and Jaemin and Chenle.

Jaehyun shrugged and Doyoung played with his glasses. The two could really not care less about their suspension period. Jaemin was in shock by their nonchalant attitudes. 

The principal continued scribbling down words onto the paper at the speed of light, pointing up with her other hand. "Zhong Chenle, Lee Jeno, and Na Jaemin. I don't know what happened at this fight so I will have to suspend you all for a week as well." 

That's what did it. Jaemin snapped.

"What?" Jaemin jumped up, angry. "We didn't start the fight! Jisung did! And for absolutely no reason!" Jeno pulled on his crush's sleeve, trying to calm him down. 

"Shut up blind boy." Jaehyun grumbled. "Take the punishment lightly, I'm so sorry it will ruin your perfect record." Doyoung chuckled sarcastically, Jaemin fixing his cold unseeing eyes on the two bullies.

"First of all, you are in the wrong here. You beat us up. And it's pretty obvious. Ask anyone. Second of all, Chenle was barely involved," Jaemin patted Chenle's shoulder, supporting his best friend. "He was just pummeled by Jisung. And third of all fuck you all-"

Jeno grabbed Jaemin's thin body, clapping a hand over his mouth but just too late. Jisung flipped him off angrily while Jaehyun muttered under his breath and Doyoung pulled out a pocket mirror, the absolute vanity, to check his appearance. 

The principal put her head in her hands, wondering why she didn't retire last year. "Boys, please." 

While the others were throwing nasty comments at each other, Chenle was alone in his own brain. Fear and despair had entered his mind, leaving Chenle panicked and terrified. Suddenly he could feel his breathing getting faster and faster until, he couldn't breath. He couldn't control himself. He was too scared and embarrassed. He was having another panic attack.

Chenle cursed himself. He had been working so hard to avoid these only to have one the second he's suspended. Chenle gripped his head, pleading no one would notice and he could cry quietly. But that wasn't the case. 

"Chenle?" The principal asked the boy, concerned. Chenle noticed no one was arguing but all eyes were on him. He tried to wave the elderly lady away but she grabbed her walkie talkie, dialing the nurse. Chenle shook his head violently.

"I don't want the nurse. No nurse. No nurse. No no no." 

Time seemed to come to a halt, the other boys frozen while Chenle babbled about the nurse. Chenle felt his head spinning. And spinning. And spinning. Until finally, his breathing had slowed.  

Chenle looked up, eyes blinking a few times as he readjusted to his surroundings. All eyes were fixed on him, causing his cheeks to flush bright red.

"Are you okay again?" The principal bent down to reach Chenle's level as he was seated. 

"Yes I'm fine." Chenle blatantly lied, hoping no one would catch the waver in his voice. No one did. 

Once that had passed the teacher headed back to her desk, staring at Jisung who had not yet been assigned a punishment. "Park Jisung." She began. "You have been in multiple fights on and off school grounds, have brought cigarettes onto school campus, and not to mention tried to sell said cigarettes. I'm sorry kid, but I believe you should be expelled."

"What?!" Jisung's voice went higher than Jaemin had ever heard before. He was clearly in shock. "No, you can't expel me! My parents would murder me. Disown me and then stab me." Jeno shivered, the seriousness in Jisung's voice chilled his bones. 

The principal gestured to the door. "Please wait outside boys while I call your parents." 

Slowly, the boys, now given their consequences stood up and left the room, lingering around the door while the principal alerted their parents. 

Jeno felt awful. His parents would be so disappointed with him. They're already dissatisfied with my grades, now my behavior. Jeno slumped against a locker, Jaemin standing next to him without noticing. Jeno mustered a weak smile and tugged on Jaemin's sleeve. The blind boy cocked his head to the side and kicked his foot gently into Jeno's knee. They kept playing their game while the others did a multitude of things.

Jaehyun cracked his knuckles, sitting across from Nomin next to Doyoung who was standing up and pacing, scrolling anxiously through his phone (which had miraculously not broken when Jeno threw it and stomped on it). Jeno noted Chenle and Jisung had left. He bolted up, alerted but then realized they must have went to the bathroom or something. He relaxed, not wanting to worry the others. 

"Oh, I lost a follower." Doyoung whined, poking at his screen, holding it up, and taking a selfie. "Cute." He smiled and posted it. "Jaehyun like my post." The bunny instructed the dark haired boy, smiling his fake (but adorable) gummy smile.

"Can you not?" Jeno tensed as Jaemin's cold as ice voice broke out from the side of him. Jeno whipped his head around to face the blind boy who was pointing at Doyoung."

"Can I not what blind boy?" Doyoung spat, eyes narrowing.

Jaemin shrugged. "It's just sad. You're addicted to Instagram. Like, we're not friends but whenever I see you you're always going on and on about your follower count-"

"I have four thousand followers thank you very much." Doyoung snapped interrupting Jaemin.

Jaemin rolled his eyes. "My point is, I think you're addicted. That's bad for you. Especially with all the negativity that app radiates."

Doyoung clucked his tongue."It only affects you if you're ugly, like you and your boyfriend." Jeno noticed Jaemin clenched his fist. "I'm pretty and rich so I'm not comparing myself to anyone therefore it's not negative." 

Jaemin shook his head, slightly hurt. "Whatever." 

Jeno intertwined his hand in Jaemin's, knowing it would probably cost five bucks but not caring. He loved Jaemin. The boy was so compassionate, even to bullies like Doyoung. He was kind and honest and not to mention beautiful. Jeno knew, in a perfect world, Jaemin would be blessed with sight. And they would be a couple.

In a perfect world, Jeno thought. We'd be dating.