6

"He didn't kiss you?" Chenle whined as he sipped his smoothie and picked up a CD from the rack. "Also should I get this? I mean I do like Stray Kids a lot but it's kind of expensive."

Jaemin tapped his sneakered toe on the ground. "No! He didn't kiss me! But we held hands. Also, sure why not? Stray Kids is worth the extra money." 

Chenle nodded in agreement and put the CD in his basket. "Do you want anything?" 

Jaemin shook his head. The two were taking a day off of drama and schoolwork to just hang out at the mall and go shopping. Currently they were browsing in Chenle's favorite store, FYE which was filled to the brim with merch from any fandom you can think of from Harry Potter to horror movies and kpop to Pokémon. 

"Okay then Nana." The blonde thanked the cashier and bid her good day as the pair of best friends left the colorful shop. Jaemin took a sip of his Americano and kept himself focused on the sound of Chenle's footsteps. His friend also watched him to make sure he didn't run into anybody or anything. 

As the walked, the two chatted about the night before. "Anything juicy go down or no it was just the game and pizza with his team?" 

"I mean, it was the game. Pretty boring if I do say so myself but I'm blind so....." Jaemin paused and bit his lip, debating what details to relay to Chenle. "After that we went to that pizza place on Main Street." Chenle nodded, unaware Jaemin had skipped the bridal hold part. "And we ate pizza and drank soda. I met four of his friends." 

"Oh!" Chenle interrupted, eager to know about the popular kids. "Tell me about them!"

Jaemin chuckled at the dolphin's jolly-ness. "Umm okay then. First was Shotaro. He's Japanese and he's super sweet. His voice is adorable so I'm assuming he's a baby face as well. But then he insulted his mother so...."

Chenle gasped dramatically and burst into laughter. Jaemin smiled wide at his friend's behavior and took another sip of his VERY STRONG coffee. 

"And Haechan and Mark. They're boyfriend and girlfriend. Super cool. Haechan loved it when I roasted the class president. She was giggling the entire time." 

Chenle clapped happily but then paused and his mouth dropped open. "Renjun class president! That kid?"

Jaemin raised his eyebrow. "Yes? Is that a problem?"

"Oh no, I just....I don't know. I get a weird vibe from him don't you? He just seems....off sometimes...." Chenle shivered.

"We don't get along great but it's fine." 

Chenle didn't respond the Jaemin. He had stopped walking by the sound of his tiny feet on the cold mall floor. "Chenle?" Jaemin called to his friend.

"Well, well, well." 

Jaemin tensed as he heard the familiar deep voice. The voice he had learned to hate and dread whenever he heard it. Fuck. He thought. I just wanted one day to hang out with Chenle. 

"What are you two doing here?"

Jaemin scoffed. "Shopping? I'm sorry do you own the mall Jisung?" 

Doyoung and Jaehyun commented on the blue haired boy's retort, doing the stupid 'oohs' that bully sidekicks always do in movies when the protagonist finally stands up to them. Jisung clucked his tongue and drew a hand through his brown blonde streaked hair.

"I do not. I was just wondering what you two little freaks were doing. Is that a problem?"

Jaemin felt the weight of Chenle gripping his arm and cowering behind him. Oh please. Jaemin prayed. Please don't have a panic attack. 

"We don't have to answer you. I don't submit to you anymore. Come on Chenle, let's go." 

Jaemin's other arm was pulled back by Jisung. "Oh I don't think so blind boy. You stupid little son of a bitch. You deserve everything that's come to you so far. Oh are you scared?"

Jaemin heard Chenle sniffle weakly. Jaemin narrowed his eyes. This bully would not make his best friend cry. Calling them names because they were slightly different than the rest of humanity was just plain wrong. Jaemin wished he could lash out but thought sensibly and decided to avoid any possible trouble unless of course, he was hit first. 

"Shut it Park." He growled low in his throat. "Just because I can't see doesn't mean I don't know how ugly your face is." 

"Oh!" Doyoung exclaimed and clapped Jaehyun on the back. "He got you Jisung." 

Jisung scrunched up his nose and looked at the blue haired boy and his cowardly friend through hate filled eyes. They had been friends once but not anymore. Never again. 

"I'm the ugly one? At least I don't have fucking creepy eyes like you." 

Jaemin chuckled. "Your comebacks just get weaker and weaker every time  we chat Jisung. Get back to me once you have better insults. Chenle come on." Jaemin tried again to pull his shaky friend away but failed with the younger boy clamping his arm in his tight grip again.

"You little son of a bitch, don't know when go quit do you?" Jisung's smooth condescending voice whispered in Jaemin's ear."

"I do not, now fuck off." 

And with that Jaemin earned a slap in the face. Chenle gasped, tugging Jaemin's arm but got pulled away by Jaehyun who punched him in the gut. Jaemin struggled to get away from Jisung who held him against his body, pulling back his arm ready to throw a punch at Jaemin's face. Before he could, Jaemin grunted and elbowed his attacker in the crouch. Jisung groaned and fell down, clutching his stomach in pain. Chenle screeched as Jaehyun grabbed locks of his hair and got a good hit at Chenle, bang!-blood gushed from Chenle's nose. Jaemin dashed over from behind, using the noise to his advantage and throwing an off guard Jaehyun away from Chenle, grabbing his friend, and dashing away. 

Seconds passed but felt like minutes. Jaemin gasped for air once they were far enough away, in the parking lot. Chenle fell out of his friend's grip and crouched down. Jaemin glanced around wildly, not seeing anything but listening to any sounds of their pursuers rather  it be Jisung and his sidekicks, mall security, or other customers. 

When he heard no one Jaemin put his hands on his head and began yelling. "One fucking day is all I ask for! One day not to be harassed and bombarded with hate for being born blind!" Chenle sobbed in response, drying the stream of blood running down the side of his nose. 

Noticing, Jaemin paced over to Chenle. "Chenle are you injured?" Jaemin asked, crouching down as well and putting a tentative hand on the blonde's shoulder. 

Chenle wiped a tear from his cheek. "That Jaehyun dude punched me in the nose but it's not broken. I think." He added quieter. 

"Oh, here I probably have a tissue." Jaemin began digging through his hoodie pocket.

"No it's fine!" Chenle assured him. "It's almost dried anyways."

A moment of silence filled the air until finally the two boys started screaming again. 

"Absolute jerks! Why is it us every single time? Damn them!" The two friends raged after their run in with the bullies. Chenle, thinking smart pulled out his phone and went on Instagram. Sure enough were selfies of Jisung, Jaehyun, and Doyoung. 

"Ugh," Chenle complained. "They got photos and everything. Dammit Doyoung! He always films it for his stupid posting! He's addicted to likes from others." 

Jaemin agreed. "See Chenle, we may be flawed but at least we aren't like them." With that the two friends supported each other on the long walk home.