15

Yangyang brushed hair out of his wide eyes, preparing himself. He pulled down his hoodie a bit and stuck his hands in his pockets.

Though the young boy had only been attending his new high school for a few days, he had already been adopted into a group of friends. His parents were so happy for him, since Yangyang had a lot of trouble choosing the right friends. Unfortunately, these new friends may not have been the best choice either.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Yangyang leaped off the maroon couch, eager to hang out and ditch school. 

"Have fun darling! Learn well!" His mother called from where she ironed laundry in the kitchen.

"I will mom!" Yangyang shouted back, careful not to suspicious. He wanted to tread lightly with his parents ever since the incident with Xiaojun and Hendery a few years back. 

Yangyang grinned brightly and opened the front door, bounding down to where his friends stood on the sidewalk. Jisung looked quite bored, arms crossed over his chest glancing at the sky. Jaehyun rolled his eyes as he snapped pictures of Doyoung, posing on the street for an Instagram shoot.

"Hi guys!" Yangyang chirped, unaware of his new gang's intentions that day. "Where we heading?" 

Jisung perked up. "Oh you're here. Finally. You can ditch the backpack now that you mom's not around." Yangyang nodded, pushing his school bag deep within the bushes in his front yard. The group was in fact ditching school. Yangyang just attracted trouble you could say

"Okay then, let's go to the park. There's a sweet diner there we could eat at." Jisung planned as Doyoung typed something on his phone.

"Sure!" Yangyang blinked as Doyoung didn't move.

"Sorry just have to post this and.....okay let's go! Come on Jaehyun you're so slow ugh!" Yangyang giggled at Doyoung's strange personality, suddenly feeling his alter ego begin to creep out. The one that relished in crime and trouble.

"Whatever." Jisung grumbled and the gang continued to walk down the quite streets of their neighborhood, ignoring school. 

As they turned the last corner to the park and diner, Yangyang's jaw dropped in awe. The park was so beautiful! Gnarled trees lined a meadow-like center full of daisies and daffodils. Rain drops glistened on the wet grass, sparkling with little rainbows when the sun peeking out from behind a rain cloud shone on them. 

"Wow." Yangyang gasped. "Is it usually this pretty?" 

"No." Jaehyun responded while the other two continued to the diner. "Usually a dump."

"Oh." Yangyang felt shot down in a way. He shrugged it off causally and followed Jisung's lead to the restaurant at the side of the park. 

Yangyang caught up, ducking under the low doorframe though he was much shorter than it. Jisung held up his hand in a notion to the waitress behind the counter that the group would be waiting to be served. She nodded, black bob bouncing as the boys claimed a table by the window. 

"Hi I'm Momo. I'll be your waitress today boys. What can I get you?" 

Yangyang shifted next to Doyoung, who had pulled out his phone and was currently scrolling through Instagram impatiently.

Jisung glanced up at the Japanese waitress and smiled. "I'll take a peach smoothie and a club sandwich thank you."

"Okay then." Momo scribbled on her notepad and turned to Jaehyun. 

"Same as him." He said in his low voice.

Momo flushed, clearly hooked by his deep, seductive tone and focused on Yangyang. "And what about you?"

"Oh!" Yangyang quickly glanced at Jisung for help as he'd never eaten at the diner before. Jisung sighed, annoyed to have to order for his new group mate.

"He'll take your famous grilled cheese and a cola." Momo jotted that down and pointed at him. 

"That's a good choice. Enjoy it." Yangyang cracked a smile, the pretty waitress making him giggle. 

Finally she took Doyoung's order, awkwardly for the attractive boy still watched his phone, restless for likes on his posts. Yangyang couldn't help but feel sorry for the addicted boy. There was never a time he was not on his phone, always seeking the assurance of others. It was sad if Yangyang was being honest.

Once their food came the boys ate. Yangyang didn't speak, he felt slightly awkward and embarrassed to be hanging out with Jisung and co. Occasionally Jisung asked everyone how school was going, what parties they'd been to lately, and of course they chatted about the Jaemin/Jeno situation.

"I didn't know he was gay. Did you?" Jisung gossiped, turned to Jaehyun who just shook his head. 

"I know!" Doyoung squeaked. "I'm so glad that we got them back." 

Yangyang frowned. "Got them back? What did they even do to you?"

Yangyang's questions was only met with cold, condescending stares from the three other boys. "Sorry." He immediately apologized, wishing he hadn't said anything at all. "Good thing they got what they deserved." 

"That's right." Jisung sipped his smoothie and licked his lips. "Anyone got any cash?" 

Jaehyun and Doyoung searched their pockets but responded 'no' whereas Yangyang's eye glinted, his second persona taking over. 

"What if we just dine and ditch?" He suggested, voice lowered. Jisung's eyebrows shot up.

"Wow, I didn't know little naive Yangyang would be willing to nab a five dollar meal without paying." The Chinese boy smirked, glad Jisung looked impressed.

"I've done a lot of things that would make you think against that 'little, naive' name." Yangyang waggled his eyebrows, trying to get a response.

To his dismay, Jisung didn't really care and just got out of the bright red booth. "Okay let's go now." Jaehyun, Doyoung, and Yangyang scrambled out of the deep cushions and nonchalantly pushed open the diner's glass door, unnoticed and just having eaten for free.

"We did it!" Yangyang punched his fist in the air. Jisung laughed at him causing the elder to blush profoundly but burst into giggles as well. 

"You're so cheerful." Jisung commented. "It's strange." 

The four boys (well mostly just Jisung and Yangyang) shared a good chuckle while they made their way across on the park's many pathways, shooing away ducks as they went. 

Out of the blue, out of the corner of his eye, Jisung spotted a glimpse of lightish brown hair which belonged to only one person he could think of. "Guys look over there. It's that stupid class president Renjun. What's he doing ditching?" 

"Oh my god! Where?" Doyoung chattered. "Do you want me to take blackmail pics?" 

"No it's okay." Jisung pushed the black haired boy away. "What's he doing you think?"

Yangyang shrugged his shoulders, not really knowing the boy well. "Maybe doing what we are." 

"Yeah but he's got a golden school record." Jaehyun noted, tapping his foot on the ground.

"Oh!" Doyoung exclaimed. "Let's rough him up!" 

"Really?" Yangyang said softly, unsure.

"That's an idea Doyoung. Let's do it, you guys wait here." Jisung smiled mischievously and sauntered over to where the class president stood alone, looking across the meadow. Yangyang watched in a mixture of awe and remorse as Jisung caught the poor boy off guard and the two began throwing punches. Jisung obviously won. 

(A/N: sorry that chapter was a bit rushed. I'm in a hurry today but I want to be able to update as much as possible. Unfortunately a problem has come up in my life I need to work out unless I want to be reduced to a jealous seething pot of self hate. 🙂🔫Thanks for understanding my dear friends and have a great day.)