Sanity Nearly Destroyed

(Reader's pov)

          It was midnight. I carefully snuck in Nozel's room to not wake him up and ruin my plan to read his mind and find out what happened to him while I was training to become stronger. I slowly opened the window and approached to him. I looked at him sleeping, put my hands on his forehead and concentrated.

           In a couple of seconds, I woke up in a huge silver palace with many doors. I opened one and I saw a five years old Nozel who was playing with a red haired little boy who was using fire magic. They were so cute, but, suddenly, all became gray and abstract that I couldn't see them anymore. I closed the door and opened another one. Again, the same thing. I continued walking until I found a black door ,I opened and I saw how Nozel was tortured by his father in a dark basement. I closed quickly the door because I couldn't see him like that anymore. I noticed that the door was infecting the other ones, like a virus. Slowly, the black door became more often until it wasn't a normal door anymore door anymore, just the black ones.

         After a couple of minutes, I reached to the throne room. It was all black and the throne was rusty and no one stood there. The entire room was empty and dark. I was looking around the room and, suddenly, I heard screams coming from a hallway

          I followed the screams until I reached a bloody room covered in chains .I tried to opened it, but it was locked and I couldn't use my magic to break it. I tried to force it, but it was useless.

          I closed my eyes and woke up in Nozel's room, he was still sleeping, but he was crying. I wanted to wipe his tears, but if I did it, he would wake up and see me.

         I get out of his room and went in mine. I couldn't sleep because I was trying to figure out what I saw: the black doors, the rusty and empty throne and the screams.

         After a couple of minutes, I did it. The black doors were memories when he was tortured and traumatized. The throne room was empty because his conscience was supposed to stay here, but, because of the dark memories and the feelings of guilt and sorrow, it wsd removed from the throne and nearly killed.

          His sanity was nearly destroyed and I had to do something about it because he was my best friend, and, maybe, even more...