Magic Knights Prom Pt. 2

(Nozel's pov)
         That night was the Magic Knights Prom. I didn't wanted to be there, but my father forced me to go because it was an important event and, being a royal, I had to be present to make a <good impression>...What a nonsense!

         I was standing in a corner holding a glass of water. I was still a minor so I wasn't allowed to drink alcohol. Beatrice was flirting around with boys and gossiping with the other girls about how stupid I am. I was really mad, but I couldn't do anything about that because I was afraid.

         After (Y/N) left two years ago, I was punished by my father for what I did to Beatrice that night and for everytime I tried to defend myself from her. Since then, I never had courage to confront her and she started to treat me like a slave. It was horrible.

          I was so bored. I just wanted that event to end so I could go home. And then, the doors opened and in the ballroom entered the Wizard King and (Y/N).

          She was so beautiful with that dress that I couldn't stop looking at her. My heart was beating fast and I started blushing bright red.

          "NOZEL!" someone screamed next to me and I flinched. I turned around to see who was. It was Fuegoleon, my cousin and my rival.

          "What's wrong with you?" I said frowning at him.

          "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? I called you three times and you didn't respond." he said  mad at me.

          "Oh, I'm sorry, but why you called me? "

          "Because you dropped your glass on the floor." he said and pointed at the broken glass which was next to my right leg. I was so shocked by (Y/N) that I dropped my glass without noticing it. "Are you ok? You're face is red."

          "Yeah, I'm ok. I just need some fresh air." I said and went to the balcony. I took some deep breaths and  stopped blushing. Shortly after, Fuegoleon went to me.

          "Are you sure you're ok? I've never seen you like that." he said really concerned.

          "Honestly, I don't know." I said and sighed. "I was fine a few minutes ago and then..." I said and blushed again, thinking about (Y/N).

          "... You saw the Wizard King's assistant, didn't you?"

          "Yeah... Wait. How do you know that?" I said confused.

"Well, it's pretty obvious. Everyone was staring at her since she entered in the ballroom, but no one did it like you..." he said and turned around to see my red face and he smiled. "You fell in love with her, didn't you?"

"W-What?! No...H-How can you say such a nonsense?! "I said very embarrassed and I started blushing even more. I turned around, avoiding eye contact with him. "It's just an old friend I used to go with in missions and nothing more."

"Nothing more, huh? Then, you wouldn't mind if I took her out on a date, would you?" he said with a smirk on his face. He was challenging me.

"O-Of c-course not. " I said with a red face.

"Alright then. I'll go to talk with her." he said heading to the door.

"W-wait. I'll come with you." I said and followed him.

On the way to (Y/N), I tried to calm down and stop blushing, but it was useless. The though that Fuegoleon will go on a date with her was making me feel angry and nervous and I didn't know why. I just didn't want them to be together.

"Maybe you shouldn't do that." I said.

"Why not?" Fuegoleon said raising an eyebrow.

"Do what?" a voice said behind me. I turned around and froze. It was (Y/N). I blushed bright red and my heart was beating faster than before. "Hi, Nozel. How are you and who's your friend?" she said with a soft smile. She was so cute!

"Hi, I'm Fuegoleon Vermillion. Nice to meet you!" he said and kissed (Y/N)'s hand. I was so angry that I wanted to scream, but, instead of that, my face turned red like I was a tomato.

"I'm (Y/N) Kira. Nice to meet you too!" she said blushing a bit.

They continued talking and getting to know each other and that really pissed me off for some reason. I wanted to join their conversation, but I couldn't. I could barely say something at how nervous I was.

After an hour, Fuegoleon asked her for a date on the next Sunday. I started smirking.< She being the Wizard King's assistant, she had a full schedule. So there's no way they could...> I though, but...

"Oh, I'm free Sunday!" she said and my nose started bleeding because of the shock. "Nozel, are you okay?" she said and handed me a napkin.

"Y-yeah...I-I'm fine..." I said and wiped my nose.

"Nozel, you can come too if you want." Fuegoleon said.

"Huh...N-no...I can't. I-I'm very busy Sunday." I said.

"Oh, too bad! Well, maybe next time!" she said a bit disappointed. She really wanted me to go with them.

(Timeskip, After the prom)

I was in my room walking around and thinking about what happened. I was very frustrated.< I was the one who should ask her for a date, not him! Wait, why I am so angry about that. It's not like I like her or anything...But what if they will fall in love for each other and they got married?>. So many thoughts were in my head. A part of me wanted to stop them, and the other part didn't wanted to do anything about that because it was my destin was to be like my father.

And the worst part was if Beatrice or my father found out about my feelings about this situation, I would be as good as dead.

I spent the entire night thinking about how to handle that situation, but I didn't find anything helpful and, in the next day, I couldn't focus on my job. The though that I would lose (Y/N) forever was consuming me and I started loosing my mind because of it.