6

Yongsun POV

  As Byul tries on the top, I quietly wait. Even knowing each other for 6 years, it still feels weird to look at her naked. She, on the other hand, has seen me naked plenty of times. Everytime she comes over and I shower, we always sing in front of the fogged mirror, giggling and getting the lyrics all wrong.

  At those times, it's never embarrassing thinking that I'm naked in front of my best friend. But this feels more private, and I don't I wanna make it awkward.

  “...Yongsun, for real. You're making this awkward.” The younger says. “Can you please not act like this is a big deal?”

   I stay still. My hands start to get shaky and I can feel my cheeks burning.

  “W-what? I'm not making it awkward.”

  I can hear Moon giggling behind me. “Fuck, Yongsun, you're really making this weird. I've seen you naked, like... a ton of times.” She touches my back. “Turn around, silly Yeba.”

  I freeze. Suddenly, my body can't even move an inch, like I'm fully covered in glue, attached to the ground. I start to feel the inner panic. “No, Byulie.”

  She sighs. “I’m dressed. Do you not want to see the top? I feel betrayed, honestly.” She keeps going without letting me recover from the terrifying situation I just got put into. “I can take it off if you want to. It doesn't even look good on me. You should go get that money back and buy an ice cream... or something.”

  I roll my eyes. From all the people I've ever met, she truly is the most annoying one. I've met dozens of kids, even babies, and no one can get to her level. She just knows what to say to make me do what she wants.

  “I swear to G-” I say as I turn around and see her figure. Her body looks incredibly good in that outfit. The black jeans with the top go along so well with her long hair and her pale skin. She looks so beautiful.

  “Did you... die? Do I seriously look that bad, Yongsun? I swear...” She starts taking the top off, but I get closer and stop her. She looks shocked.

  “You look great, Moon.” I smile. “Be careful with the boys tonight.”

  She raises her eyebrow. “You didn't just bring boys up to make me feel good. The audacity you sometimes have”, she chuckles.

  We both start laughing to the point Byulie almost falls down. She sits on the ground after that, and I quickly sit next to her, wiping my teary eyes.

  We  stand in silence for a few minutes, looking at the ceiling, until one of us dares to talk.

  “Where do you think we'll be in five years?” Moon asks in a low voice.

  I shrug, looking at her. “Why do you ask?”

  She shrugs back. “Just a stupid question. But I've wondered if we'll be the same as now. Maybe you'll have your own partner. Maybe one of us will be married already.”

  I giggle. “Jesus, Byulie. In five years, married? That would only happen if I had already met my soulmate.”

  She looks at me and smiles. I can clearly see there's pain in her eyes. In serious moments like this, she always looks at me like I'm the most fragile things she's ever laid eyes on. Like I'm hers to protect.

  “You're right, Sun.” She suddenly says, looking at the ceiling again. “What are the odds of that, right?”

  I nod. What are the odds of having already met the love of my life?