14

Yongsun POV

  I realize what happened only a few minutes after the peck. I don't really know why I decided to kiss my best friend. I don't know what I was thinking, this isn't what I normally do. Deep down, I just know I ruined everything.

  “Yong?” Byul calls while we're still laying on the ground. “It will probably be weird to ask so soon, but why did you ki-”

  “We should get up before they arrive.” I interrupt the younger, quickly getting up and fixing my clothes. “Let’s start practicing, okay?”

   Moon seems confused, but she nods and gets up anyways. I put on some music so we can warm up and start our practice.

  About fifteen minutes later, we hear someone knocking.

  “Sorry we're late.” Wheein says, peaking and then coming in. Hyejin comes behind, smiling.

  “What were you doing?” Byul asks them and smiles at me, but I don't smile back.

   I always knew Moonbyul had a soft spot for me. Ever since we met, she would always take care of me and make me laugh. I knew it happened because we're best friends, but now I'm not sure anymore. I just feel like being nice to her now would be giving her way too much hope, specially since my brain sabotaged me and decided to kiss her. Dumbass.

  “Are you practicing already?” Wheein asks, putting down her stuff on the table. “We got stuck in traffic. Why can't they just make more roads for people?”

  “That’s not how it works, Wheein.” I answer. “And we're still warming up, you two can join us.”

  She nods, smiling like the usual, and quicky starts dancing and jumping around. It's like we have a puppy in the room.

   Hyejin takes a few minutes to join us. Her bare face is a little swollen, so she must've woken up not that long ago.

   After practicing together for about 40 minutes, we decide to take a break.

  “I’m gonna get something to eat, anyone wanna join?” Moon asks, opening the door.

  Everyone shakes their heads.

  “Nah... I brought food, but thank you.” Hyejin smiles. She looks a little better now.

  “Solar?” Byulie calls. “I think I need your help outside.”

  I sigh at the thought of having 'that' conversation with her. It'll be so awkward for both of us.

  I follow her to the hallway and she stops, turning around to face me.

  “Is everything okay?” She whispers, staring at my eyes. “You’re acting weird since... you know when.”

  I shake my head, denying. “Nope, Moon. I'm fine, don't worry.” I cross my arms. I don't know if I feel worse for myself or for her, at this point.

  “You don't sound fine at all. Do you regret... k-kissing me?”  Her eyes rapidly get brighter and teary, making me want to hug her close.

  “Can we not have this conversation here?” I politely ask. “Let’s talk about this another day.”

  “Another day!? What do you mean? What's so wrong about it that it can't be said now?” She raises her tone and a tear falls down her cheek, but she manages to quicky wipe it away.

  “Please, Moon. Let's talk about this tomorrow, okay? I need time to think.” I say, in a low voice, to calm her down. “Please, let me think about this.”

  She nods. “Tomorrow, then. I'm gonna go get lunch now, see you in a bit.” She turns away from me and leaves.

  I'm doing this for you, Byulie. Because I don't wanna give you hope and then break your pure heart. But how could you ever understand that?