40

Moonbyul POV

  The next few days, it's just me and Hyejin hanging out all the time. She tried to prove her point that if I'm distracted, I won't think about Yongsun that much. But I do, all the time. When I wake up, her face is the first thing that pops up in my head. Then, I work thinking about her. She's our leader, after all. This comeback won't be the same without her guiding us, and with me having to take her role on this whole thing. When I visit Wheein, I think of her. And when I'm with Hyejin, I think of her too. She won't leave my fucking mind.

  “Hm... juice or beer?” Hyejin asks her best friend. The three of us are together in Wheein’s hospital room. She's probably gonna be out soon, but we came to pay a visit.

  “Beer.” Wheein answers and laughs, looking at me. “Wake up, Byul. Juice or beer?”

  I realize I was not paying attention and blink my eyes several times. “Huh, beer.” I smile.

  Wheein claps her hands. “We won, Hyejinie. You lose.”

  Hyejin pouts and giggles, crossing her arms just to have the puppy girl hitting her shoulder and laughing along with her.

  “Any news from Solar?” Wheein sits on the youngest lap and looks at me.

  I smile and shake my head. The girls know I've been trying to keep things up and not let myself stay in bed all day, just wishing she would come back. It's been a hell of a rollercoaster.

  Hyejin smiles back. “It's okay, she said she would come back as soon as she was okay with herself. That takes some time, right?”

  I nod and get up from my seat. “We should go now, Hyejin-ah. We have practice in a bit.” The girl agrees and pats Wheein on the legs to make her stand up.

  “Oh, what is the company gonna do about Yongsun not being in this comeback?” Wheein asks, sitting down on the bed.

  “I think they're still hopeful she will come back soon and keep up with the choreography and stuff. So they haven't really talked about what to tell the fans...” I sigh and walk to the door. “We’ll come back later, Wheeinie.”

  The girl smiles and waves at us, as we leave the room.

  “Do you think so?” Hyejin asks while we're walking through the endless white corridors.

  “Think what?” I glance at her.

  “That she will be back soon.” She bites the inside of her cheek.

  I shrug. “I guess it's what's keeping me alive, so I should believe it.” I softly smile and we leave to the company building.

  We get there in less than 15 minutes, greet the staff we meet on our way and get in the practice room. If I'm being honest, it feels really empty just the two of us. The practice works for nothing, we can't get the choreo done with two members missing, and the producers insisted we should still invest on a 4 people choreography.

  “Damn, we should just postpone the comeback, at this point...” Hwasa lies down on the ground. “It’s never going to be good if only half of us are here.”

  I agree, lying down next to her and sighing. “It’s a shitty situation. We should wait a few more days for the producers to tell us if we should go ahead with this.”

  A few minutes go by and we don't say a thing. Hyejin gets up and starts working on the choreo again, just to fail one time and another.

  “Don’t torture yourself.” I get up and chuckle. “I’m gonna have lunch now, I'll be back in 20.”

  She nods and restarts the song, and I leave the room.

  There's no one in the staff room. It's past lunch time, anyways, so I have it all to myself. I heat up some instant rice and chicken, drooling at the sight of food.

  Then, my phone rings. The number is private, but I still pick up.

  “Hello?” I ask, waiting for someone to answer.

  “Byul-ah?” I immediately recognize the tone on the other side of the line. I would never mistake it for another one. Yongsun.

  “Yong?” Tears start to fall down and I completely forget about the food I was just preparing.

  “Byul, is this you? Oh, thank God I got your number right. Look, I don't have time to explain all of it, but I'm stuck at my parents house. I thought it was okay to come for a while, I wanted to relax for a little...” Some noises start to block her voice and I stop understanding some things she says.

  “Yong? Yongsun? I can barely hear you. Did anything happen? Are you okay?” I try to speak louder and clearer.

  “Byul-ah, they got me an arranged marriage. They thought I came because I was ready for it, but I'm not. They won't let me refuse it. Please, I don't want to marry him. I tried to contact you before, but they took my ph-”

  I shake my head like she's watching. “Yong? It's okay, look, it's okay. I'll get you out of there, don't panic.” I hear no answer. “Yongsun? Yong?” I speak louder and louder until I'm screaming at my phone, but no answer. She hung up. I mean, someone did.