38

Moonbyul POV

  “I think I'm feeling better.” I look at the girl, after us being silent for what seemed like ages. “We can go now.”

  She softly smiles at me. “Are you sure?”

  I nod and get up, waiting for her. She does the same and we leave the hospital, making our way to her car.

“How did you come here if you were drunk?” Yongsun asks me as we get in the car.

  I put on the seatbelt. “Don’t worry, I was with Seulgi when I heard the message, so she drove me.” I look through the window while she drives, and I see her nod in the reflection.

  “Did she look okay?” I look at her, and she glances at me. “Wheein.”

  She nods and smiles. “She looked tired, of course. But her eyes were shining like always. And she made jokes and looked really happy to be awake.” She lets out a short giggle and focus on the road again.

  We finally arrive and leave the car. It's a really cold night, surprisingly. I look at her and she's shaking.

  “Yong? Are you cold?” I ask, taking off my sweatshirt. Good thing I had a t-shirt underneath.

  “Hm, yeah. Don't worry, we're only a few minutes away from my place. It's just colder than I expected."

  I nod and smile, handing her my sweatshirt. “Here.”

  She looks at me without saying a word, for a moment.

  “T-thanks.” She puts on the sweatshirt and smiles at me, like a little kid. Fuck, I love her.

  After about 3 minutes of walking, we get inside her apartment. We both take off our shoes, as we always do, and I run towards the couch... as I always do.

  Solar sits down next to me. “Maybe we could talk?” She mumbles, and I almost don't understand her.

  I sit down in a comfortable position, next to her. “Huh? You wanna talk?” I ask, to make sure I heard it right.

  She nods and bites her lips. “If it's okay...”

  I smile and wait for her answer, while covering myself with a blanket. Even though the apartment is warm, it got so cold outside that it's hard for the house to not be cold too.

  “I feel stupid, Byul-ah.” She sighs. “I know I hurt you and I hurt Sodam too.  Yet you both keep doing what I ask you to, you keep coming to me and helping me and I don't deserve it.” Her voice starts to get weak and her cheeks turn red, just like the tip of her nose.

  “I know this has been really hard on you, and it's my fault.” She proceeds. “But I still love you a lot. I didn't want anything to happen before you knew about this.” She looks at me and smiles, ever though her heart seems to be in pain.

  The idea of her being emotionally hurt makes my heart ache so much. It feels like someone's squeezing it to the point it's almost unbearable to live.

  “Yong... I'm sorry too.” I get closer to her and hug her small figure. “I’m sorry I didn't tell you how beautiful you were everyday.” I mumble, and she hugs me even tighter, nodding.

  “It’s okay. Let's just enjoy this moment.” She murmurs and I agree.

   We stay like that, the Sun and the Moon, as close as they can be. I feel safer than ever, even though there are still a lot of questions in my mind. My heart beats according to hers, and they make the most beautiful melody together. I'm at ease. I want to know what happened, I want to know how to fix it. But for now, I'm staying inside her embrace. I'm staying home.

  We sleep on the couch, dressed and hugging each other. I can safely admit it was one of the most comfortable nights for me, and one of the most romantic ones we've ever had. Our bodies felt like one, like they belonged that way: together.

  I wake up smiling, my mind full of her. “Yong”, I murmur, opening my eyes, but she's not there. I stand up and look around. Am I alone? Did she leave to do something important? We didn't have anything scheduled for today except going to visit Wheein... but I was supposed to go too.

  I spot a letter on the coffee table with my name written on it. It's her handwriting. Why would she leave me a letter instead of a note?

  I pick up the letter and my hands start shaking. What if she regrets telling me those things last night? What if she finally got married to Sodam? Maybe they're adopting a baby...

I sigh, finally opening it.

“My dear Moon...”