15

Moonbyul POV

  My breath gets heavier and I can feel my hands burning as I walk through the corridors to go get lunch. The thought of tomorrow being so far away makes me anxious and I just want this day to be over.

  I get my lunch out of the fridge and decide to eat it there, instead of walking back to the practice room. I feel like everyone would feel the tension between me and Yongsun if we were together right now.

  Suddenly, Wheein opens the door and greets the staff there, walking over to my table and sitting down.

  “What’s up? Why aren't you eating with us?” She asks, taking a bit of chicken off my plate.

  I shrug. “Just felt like eating here.”

  She raises one of her dark eyebrows. “You’re lying to me, Byul. Are you okay?”

  I shake my head and quickly manage to cover my face with both hands before my tears start to fall like an ocean. That question always makes people cry.

  “Byul?” She puts her arm around my shoulders and leans her head to me. “Let’s go outside.”

  I agree and leave the room with her, keeping my head down until we get outside.

  The soft breeze feels good on my bare face, especially after crying. It's fresh and sort of calming.

  “Okay, tell me what's going on.” She sits down on a bench and gives me a sign to do the same.

  “So, today we went to practice earlier than you.” I start, trying to keep my tears away. Wheein nods and stays silent.

  “And I was lying on the floor because I was still sleepy and... And Yongsun lied next to me... A-and then she kissed me.”

  “Moonbyul, what the heck!? She kissed you!? What do you mean she kissed you!?” She screams.

  People passing by start to look at us. “Don't be so loud, Wheein.” I whisper. “But yeah, she kissed me.”

  Wheein claps her hands, full of energy. “I never thought she would make the first move. I owe five bucks to Hyejin. Damn it.” She pouts.

  “W-what!?” I stare at her with my eyes wide open. “You guys made a bet?”

  “Well, yeah...” She looks away. “We both know you like each other, we were just waiting for you to tell us.”

  I sigh. “You knew? Anyways, it doesn't matter. She literally barely spoke to me after the kiss.”

  Wheein frowns and holds my hand. “Was it that bad? I mean, I had an experience with someone and it wasn't really good... They stuck the tongue out and-”

  “Ew, no, Wheein!” I speak louder. “The kiss was good, I guess.”

  “Then...?” She waits.

  “I guess she regrets it. I don't think she actually wanted to kiss me, maybe she just got carried away by the moment.” I shrug again. “I don't even know.”

  Wheein has a sad look on her face now. I know it hurts her to think about her friends like this too.

  “Are you gonna have a chat again?” She asks, laying her head on my shoulder.

  “She said we'd talk tomorrow, but I hope she means it.” I caress her hand. “Thank you for listening, though.”

  “Of course, Byulie.” She smiles. “Anything to be the maid of honor and make Hyejin mad.”

  I laugh. At least I still have this silly girl.