Chapter 19

~Niall's POV~ 

"Mikayla?" Zayn asked shocked.  

"Yea." I said quietly. 

"Then why are going out with her?" 

"It's a long story I don't want talk about it" I started to walk towards the stairs until Zayn grabbed my arm. 

"No. Tell me. We have enough time for your story. This is serious Niall." I looked at Zayn and took a deep breath. I started heading towards the couch and sat down, with Zayn sitting next to me.  

"Ok. Well it started in Junior year. Mikayla Campbell came up to me and told me to do her homework. I told her no. She got mad and that day she beat me up with her little group. She told me if I don't do everything she says, I'm gonna get beaten up until I end up in the hospital. So I started listening to her, but she would still beat me up. I noticed if I didn't do what she says, I would get beat up more than usual. I only had one friend, Noah. The one who you saw on Skype and I visited his house when we were back in Ireland. He is the only one that knew that I cut and that I had a crush on Mikayla. He thought I was crazy for liking her. I don't know why, but I think that she's just a really nice girl. She just doesn't show it when she is at school. I guess its just to impress her group and I really think she has changed. I mean, it's a couple of years now. I don't think she bullies anyone anymore. There's a lot more, but I just got to the main things."

I looked at Zayn. He was staring at the ground.

"Zayn."

"Did she ever tell you why she beat you up?"

"No."

"Does she ever bring up that topic?"

"No."

"Don't you?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Cuz it's the past. We agreed to leave the past behind and just know each other right now."

"Well, you're gonna need to bring up the past again."

"No! Why should I?"

"She doesn't know what she had done to you! If she knew what she made you do, then she will know what pain she caused you!"

"But If I do, it's gonna make her feel even more bad for me and even probably leave me. I don't want to lose her Zayn."

"Isn't she a monster to you?! I may not know her but what I've heard, she made you feel like crap in Junior year."

"She's changed Zayn!"

"Ok, let's just say that she did changed,but she still did this to you!" He took my wrist and turned it over to the side where the scars were.

"I know she did, but she doesn't have to know."

"Yes she does. If you're not gonna tell her then I will."

"NO. I'm not letting you tell her. Whatever happened in the past is the past."

"No, whatever happened in the past effected your whole life. These marks just won't go away Niall and you know it. She's gonna ask you. What are these marks. You can't just lie to her."

"Why not?"

"Cuz she's your girlfriend. Do you want to lie about your life? What you have been through? Why you are so insecure about yourself when you're perfect?"

"Fine. I'll tell her." I muttered.

"I knew you would bud." Zayn said as he patted my back.

"Hey Zayn." I said as I started getting off the couch.