{XII}🍂

A chorus of applause, how satisfying!

Loud applause rippled through the ruby curtain, murmured the accomplishment into her fatigue unyielding. The tears long evaporated in the thin air leaving it's stain on her cheeks, her chest heaving up and down in a jiffy. The exhausted heartache wrenched her precarious breathing in the abyss while her broken limb stood still proudly.

Her senses were morbidly torpid untill a bunch of agitated voices pierced through her languid void. A bountiful anxious hands caged her rope binded waist and carefully lifted her down on the floor.

"NILE!" As soon as the show over Mei and Mrs. Park rushed to her. With an abrupt reflect Mei sat behind to shield Nile's hovering back. The manager of the event seemed so terrified by her edge to death performance.

By the process, Nile's absorbed mind stirred for the extreme pain and swelling of the sprained bone with a threatened obstruction of respiration. Her eyes burned as the threatening tears desperately wanting to fall from the storage. She clutched the immense pain between her gritting teeth. No wonder the sharp pain became more and more intense by the seconds.

"Nile you okay?" Mei asked with her strung out voice while caressing her arm gently. Mrs. Park crouched down slowly beside Mei, hands over her chest.

The look on her was undeniably paler than usual. She didn't know what to say or what to do being in that position, she felt tremendously helpless. Although she was beyond frightened and worried throughout the whole performance yet the guilt that's shedding all across her conflicting heart was now clearly reflecting on her aged pit. The pain that Nile was going through no wonder it was all because of her. If it wasn't her to be charging Nile as her golden retriever then the poor girl wouldn't have to deal with the death to the edge, she wouldn't have to go through this harshness. And this all made her feel so guilty as hell, made her feel like she could never be able to forgive herself, ever.

"Nile?" The manager kneeled down before Nile and looked at her overwhelming pained form. Recalling the picture of her dancing with the sprained ankle to the end which could've been a fatal accident by now or more than that, all the hair on his body lining up straight away.

"I-I, I'm good, just a little bit, bend." Nile creaked out a small chuckle through her soreness. The staffs quickly removed the knife shoes from the rankled feet and thereby applying an ice bag on the injury in order to prevent the sprained spot from swelling up more and reduce the pain as much as possible.

When everyone was busy bustling on aiding her wound, one of the staffs took the ripped rope in his hand that he found falling on the ground and rubbed it's daubed head against his thumb. He then took a glance at Nile then at the resting rope. Couldn't even imagine, what could've happened if the savior couldn't make it out to arrive there at the moment?

"Do we have any wheelchair?" The manager asked the staffs with an agitated scurry vocal.

"No sir."

"Crutches?"

"No sir, we don't."

"Any freaking sticks!"

"Nothing sir, such things are not available in places like this."

The manager grew annoyed as he roughly massaged his temple.

"It's okay, manager. I just, need, two shoulders." She tried getting up supporting on Mei's shoulder with other hand. Seeing it one of the male staffs promptly approached and slithered himself under her arm. And with her injured leg floating in the air, she leaned on the shoulders of the two of them.