{XIII}🍂

The victorious rhythm was no longer resonating in her concern, she was drowning in great disdain. Carrying by the person who carried the heart full of love and bravery. Who didn't even think twice before risking his own life just to save her, save her to hold on to the accomplishment which she always chose over everything, over him; her terrible stubbornness.

For the first time in ever, her ghastly rage was dimmed, anger never rose up to her head. The chaos paralyzed the fire long ago. The veins didn't erupt this time despite everything was persisting without her consent.

Though her hands were wrapped around his neck but the feeling was not like before. Once the feeling was something so congenial, so profound, so intimating. But this time the merely skin contact felt so stiffen, so deadened.

Nile glanced up through her weak eyelashes. Since the second her frail frame braced into his grasp, he never spared a simple glance at her let alone speak. His jawline was clenched, the veins on his neck were throbbed. The tight portray on his face was not the thing that she had ever wished to witness throughout her lifespan.

Her heart ached, she couldn't breath as if the chaotic chains choking her lungs. The sadness inside crushing everything, the guilt kept stabbing like inconsolable knife. A drop of tear escaped her eye and rolled down her delicate skin. The torment was inescapable, all the remorse was unstoppable.

Hobi could feel her mere tremblings through his muscles. It'd be a lie if it's said the obscures hadn't stirred his heart strings yet. It did, and the grieve was so tremulous to swallow down by his droughty throat. The regret through her heavy breathing was clearly apparent to him, like a mirror. Nevertheless, his grasp was still but his grave observation wasn't concealed either.

As soon as they stepped on the stage, the delightful host and the elite soon got ambushed discovering Nile was encased in the arms which belonged to the last night's hip-hop winner's! And to their highest befuddlement, he was holding her in a bridal style. Extremely baffled by the shocking emergence, their minds started swerving on how to present them on the stage and hand the crest with that awkward appearance.

Before they could do or say anything Hobi already came up to the middle of the stage carrying Nile. The host and the male elite was still suffering in horrible awkwardness. Even Mrs. Park at the corner, was all dumbfounded by the way Hobi carried her all the way here.

The awful hesitancy straining among the five judges and up on the stage thoroughly. While the whole arena buzzing in faint whispering noises. The watchers started cavilling into each other's ears about the unexpected yet dramatic movements occuring on the stage.

However, after the stormy contemplation the host cleared his mind and finally continued the speech anyway.

"Let's have a big round of applause for NILE!"

The loud buzz rippled the jittery air the second it burst from the crowd. The chief adminstrative Officer handed the Diamond Swan Award to Nile. She forced a smile at him and bowed her head with respect while accepting the sparkling crest with her cold shivering hands. None of her reflexes left unnoticeable to Hobi.

"Congratulations Nile! You really deserve this! But we're all extremely so sorry for your current situation! We pray for you to get well as soon as possible dear!" She nodded her head in accordance.

"Alright, sad stuffs apart, now that you have WON the night would you like to say something to our beautiful audiences? To the thousand people who are watching you right now across the country?"

It was a must to deliver a speech as a victor but she wasn't so prepared for giving a speech, at least her distressed mind wasn't. And which felt like an unsteady rile rushed through her bones to the proposal put forth by the host. In addition, her heart sorely thumping in the shackles, her whole frame stiffened into his grasp. Hobi could feel it, he knew he could feel it. So he immediately tightened his grip both underneath her knees and on her back.