chapter 17

(Alexandra POV)

I woke up snuggled next to Zack. I gently kissed him in the cheek and removed his arm from around my waist. I got up and went to the bathroom, quickly brushed my teeth, and took a quick shower. When I got out, I dried myself off and wrapped a towel around me. I went in the bedroom, where I saw a tired Zack sitting on the bed.

"Good morning," I said.

"Good morning, princess," his deep voice vibrated around the walls.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked, still standing with my towel.

"Good, how about you? How do you feel?" He asks and stands up. He comes towards me and gently kisses my forehead while sneaking his arms around my waist, pulling our bodies together.

"I feel better, thank you for bringing me here," I said while hugging him back and leaning into him. He kissed the top of my head, and we stayed like that for a couple of minutes.

"well i have to go back i need to check on the house, before Ricardo kills me," I said breaking our hug.

"Are you sure you want to go back? "You can stay here and I'll go check." he said he was going into the bathroom.

"No, it's fine, and besides, I need to solve my problems, not run away from them," I said while taking one of his boxers and sweat pants. When I finished putting it on, I covered my chest and went into the bathroom, where I saw Zack brushing his teeth. I took my bra that was sitting on the toilet seat and turned around, dropped the towel, and put my bra on. I turned around and saw Zack smirking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nice boobs," he said, and I scoffed.

"You didn't even see them."

"You forgot to look at the mirror that is in front of you, love." My eyes widen, and I turn around and see a small mirror on the wall. I turned back around and slapped him hard on the chest.

"YOU FUCKING PERVERT!"

"OW DAMN WOMAN, CHILL, I DIDN'T LOOK!" he said, turning around.

"You lying little bit," I was about to slap him again, but he grabbed both of my hands mid-air.

"Hey, I'm not like those boys; I respect women," he said. I calmed down, and he let my hands go.

"And beside, I know that I'm going to get to see your boobs in the future," he said, turning back around to continue brushing his teeth.

"What made you think you were going to see my boobs in the future?" I asked.

"Yours, and only yours, that beautiful body of yours is all mine and no one else's," he said while staring possessively at me through the mirror. I stare back at him. Then I heard my phone go off. I broke our moment and went out of the bathroom. His words kept repeating in my mind: "Yours are mine." I smiled just thinking about it and picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I said, still smiling.

"Alex, where the fuck are you?" I heard a fuming Ricardo yell, making my smile disappear.

"Ricardo, it's nice to hear from you. How's your day going?" I said it sarcastically.

"It's not time for jokes." Alex, get your ass over here right now," he said, still yelling. I hung up and got all my things.

"Zack, hurry up; Ricardo called he's pissed," I said, standing by the door.

He came out and quickly slipped on his shoes and a shirt. All this time, I was watching his muscles flex. He got his keys and phone.

"Are you ready, princess?" he asked as he opened the door.

"Ugh, he's going to kill me!" I groaned.

Back at the mansion

I opened the door and went in with Zack, only to be thrown over Ricardo's shoulder.

"Are you where I am, Alex?" he asked, walking to the couch.

"I was at Zack's house," I said, sitting next to him. He asked me what happened last night, and I told him the whole story, successfully not shedding any tears.

"I swear I'm going to kill your brother; he deserved to die," Ricardo said, fuming with anger.

"No, he doesn't, he was just being a bitch at that time, and I can see he changed," I said, protecting my brother. Even though he did all that, I still forgive him. and I know it's hard to forgive, but if I don't, then not forgiving him will hunt me.

"He doesn't deserve your forgiveness, Alex; he made you suffer," he said, holding me closer to him.

"I know, but forgiving is better than having this hate on someone; it's just taking you down with you," I said, hugging him. He let out a sigh and kissed the top of my head.

"Your right, it just gets me mad," he said.

"I know," I said. We stayed like that for a minute until we heard the front door burst open, and a bunch of men burst in, surrounding us with guns.

"oh fuck"

CLIFFHANGER-

A/N - hey guys I'm sooooo sorry for not posting; honestly, I don't feel inspired to continue this story, but I decided to continue for y'all. I got some comments saying to continue because you all liked the book, so I didn't want to let you guys down. We have 2,000 reads, and I'm honestly grateful for so many reads even though we don't have a lot of votes. So please don't forget to vote. Thank you. and I hope everyone is safe and enjoys the rest of the book. love ya'll. Don't forget to vote!