chapter 19

3rd person POV 

Alexandra's body fell to the floor, and screams erupted around the house, waking an unconscious Zack up. He stood up and ran to the room when he heard the scream. As he walked in, he felt his whole world crumble. He ran towards her body, pushing everyone that was in the way, and held her tight. Tears started dripping from his eyes; it was shocking because that was the first time someone saw him cry, and the reason is, Alexandra. a person he barely knows but feels like he has known her his whole life.

Ricardo's buried memories started flooding his mind when his little sister died. He just saw it repeat all over again; his heart aches, and tears are dripping down his face. He fell into a sobbing mess. Why? was all he was thinking. Why did my Alex have to get hurt? He yelled in his mind. He crawled over to Alex's body. When he saw her closed eyes and blood dripping from her stomach, he broke down all over again but reacted. He took his shirt off and held it on her wound. He looked up at a sobbing Zoey and yelled.

"Get the phone, now!" She looked at Alex, ran out of the room, and quickly came back in with her phone. He took it from her hand and told Zack to hold the shirt on her wound. When Zack didn't move, he sighed and told Zoey to do it. Still crying, he called 911.

Bryan was behind Zack when Zack pushed him. Bryan was a mess right now, thinking about how he just got his sister back but just lost her. He began to reflect on what he had done to her and how he had caused her pain over the years.but now that he sees his little sister dying, he regrets everything and wishes he were the one dying. He got up and went to his sister. He took her and said,

"Sis, please stay alive for us; I need you, please," he said, kissing her hand. We heard the ambulance sirens heading toward us.

"Pick her up and take her outside; when they ask what happened, tell them someone broke in and shot her, ok?" Ricardo said he was picking her up and giving her to Bryan. He held her cold body, afraid to drop her.

"Y-yes," said Bryan. Ricardo sniffed and said

"I'm going to get our stuff and tell the guys to clean this mess up," he said, still crying just like the rest.

"Okay," was all Bryan said. Ricardo came and kissed Alex on the forehead and wept.

"Its going to be ok, just hold on tight," he lingered for a little bit looking at her before turning away and going up the stairs. Ricardo opened up her bedroom; he walked in and closed the door behind him, squeezing down on it and sobbing all over again. He went to her bed and smelled her sheets—strawberries with vanilla, his favorite scent. After a while, he got himself together and got her stuff while calling the guys to come and clean the dead bodies downstairs. He went down and saw that there was no one there but the boys cleaning.

"Thank you, guys," Ricardo said in a quiet voice,

"No problem, boss, what happened here?" One of them said,

"They came in and tried to take Alex," a sob escaped Ricardo.

"They shot my baby," he said, turning his head away from them, not wanting to show weakness. There was a small sob that came from one of them. Ricardo looked back and saw almost all of them with tears in their eyes.

"Boss, go to her; we will finish cleaning."

"Thank you, guys," he said, giving them a small smile, and leaving. When he got outside, he saw the ambulance leave and Zack and Bryan standing outside. Ricardo went up to them.

"What hospital is she going to?" Ricardo asked Bryan,

"The one next to the bank," he said, looking down at his shoes.

"Ok, get in the car; we're driving over there," Ricardo said, taking his car keys from his pockets. Bryan and Zack both followed Ricardo into his car and drove off.

10 minutes later...

Ricardo POV

We got into the hospital and went straight to the woman sitting in the front.

"Alexandra, Valentino," I said quickly.

"One minute, please," she said, looking at her clipboard.

"Hurry up!" Bryan glared at her. She quickly flipped the pages and then stopped. She looked up at us with sympathy in her eyes. My heart broke immediately. "No, she can't be."

"I'm so sorry, but Alexandra died the minute she got here. I'm sorry."

A/N: Hey, so, um, um, there are two more chapters left, and I wanted to end this book differently. (Nah, I'm playing.) Thank you all for still reading, and here is Chapter 19. Enjoy!