prologue

Nearly 20 years after defeating trihexa and Rizvim Lucifer, everyone lived their lives. Kiba became a general that commands the underworld army after becoming a high class devil just like every member of team Rias. They would mostly spend their days on missions taking down any rebels that still lingered from the old chaos brigade. Vali and his team mates joined Sirzechs and the other devil kings, Issei never fell for any of the girls in his old team but he did fall for Kuroka. After he became a ultimate class devil, he became a mercenary in Kiba's army since they were brothers by bond and brothers in arms. Issei married Kuroka in secret, Kuroka was also an assassin in Kiba's army, she was a master of stealth and illusion with made her a very deadly assassin. They had a daughter in secret a year later, Issei only told Kiba about her and his daughter. Koneko was in Kyoto living with a family of her own after she fell for a guy there who happens to be a kitsune. One day Kuroka was sent out on a mission and......she didn't come back. Issei waited and waited for her but after a while he couldn't, they looked everywhere but couldn't find her. Issei was heart broken fearing that she was dead and after years of no sign of her being alive...she was declared dead. Issei started to drink day and night, he always carried a flask with him but he was still able to perform what was asked of him during missions. He made the biggest sacrifice yet..he asked Vali to raise his daughter after Kuroka went missing, he was afraid that his daughter would be a target next after whoever took away his wife. She's all that he has left, if he ever saw Kuroka again, how could he face her? How could he live knowing that Kuroka is gone and so one day his daughter too?

He asked himself everyday, trained, drank, slept but saw nightmares nearly every time. Every one of his friends noticed and tried to help him move on but nothing worked. He would have the occasional one nights stands after drinking. 15 years had passed and no sign of her still. His daughter Evelyn has grown up and had taken Vali's last name to keep her safe and away from from the truth, to make things harder Kuroka never had a last name so she also took Vali's last name and pretend to be his wife. Issei was a mercenary after all, he had to stay a secret, he worked best in the shadows and was given the nickname "crimson shadow". Akeno became a scientist like her father and Azazel in the Grigori, Asia is doctor, Irina worked for heaven obviously, Xenovia was a lieutenant in Kiba's army, Gasper became head of a vampire clan in Romania, Ravel had to fullfil her duties as a phoenix. Rossweisse was off in Asgard. Rias took over for Sirzechs as devil king since she was almost as strong but just as wise as him. Sirzechs and Grafia were free to enjoy themselves but happy to help in anyway. Everyone mourned Kuroka but none more than Issei who still mourns her even after 15 years. Issei would watch over his daughter from the shadows and help her with anything, putting a blanket over her after she fell asleep during her homework, made sure food was in the house in case Vali wasn't around. Issei would make sure she was sleeping soundly and would hear her talk in her sleep.

Evelyn had black hair with brown cat ears and a tail, her eyes were mostly green with a hint of golden. No doubt she inherited it from her mother. One night she fell asleep and Issei tucked her in, she talked in her sleep.

Evelyn: mm..mama...papa

Issei froze and after a few seconds he silently walked out of the room. He went to the living room and sat on the couch then started crying in the dark. Vali came back and saw Issei sitting there crying, Vali knew this was really hard on him and just hugged him. They were best friends after all.